“A Touch of Class”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Ridge Resort
Paupack
“A Touch of Class”
Reviewed 17 October 2012

This place exceeded all our expectations. Having driven several hours and coming thru the East gate of Yosemite and the Tioga Pass, we were ready for a good meal and a place to stay. Found the Buck Meadows Inn and had a pleasant meal... how many out-of-the-way places have a knowledgable wine expert on staff! Headed for Yosemite Ridge Resort just down the road and we were equally impressed with the friendly staff who went out of their way to accomodate our every request. We only planned to stay one day but found the whole experience so charming we decided to stay another night. I rarely write reviews but this place deserves everyone's consideration.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank James C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Our "garden cottage" was actually a trailer and an uneven one at that. None of the floors were level and the walls were not plumb. When we arrived, we noted the ant spray on the kitchen counter, but never thought we would have to kill hundreds of ants before leaving the next morning. I don't know if this is a problem limited to "cottage" T-4 given the other good reviews (which is why we chose to stay here, along with the very good location). But I would advise anyone to stay away from T-4. Fortunately, we put all of our food in the refrigerator and just kep the empty, clean coolers on the counter. In the morning, we saw the ant infestation and started killing the ants since I was not going to spray pesticides on a kitchen counter. Our daughers sat outside at the picnic table and were on "ant patrol." I would kill all the ants I could see on a cooler or bag and then take it outside for them to inspect again before we would repack items and load the car. When checking out, I informed the management of the problem and got an "oh" response. In addition, the beds were not comfortable and felt like they were well past their useful life. On a positive note, the location is great and the towels were nice and thick. Our teenage girls enjoyed the swimming hole a few miles down the road from their location.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Angie O
yosemitejoe2, Owner at Yosemite Ridge Resort, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Hi Angie,
Although I have addressed this issue several times before, I thought that since I too am from the Princeton,NJ area I should comment on your review. As to the Garden Cottage not being level or plumb, I would have to desagree as they have been in place for about 7 years and yours is the first complaint regarding this issue. Why not come back and we'll get a level and I'll show you?

Being in the middle of a beautiful forest does have a few drawbacks and the tiny ants are one of the major ones. We have to continually deal with this, especially in late summer when water is scarce. My first comment would be, why wait until checkout to "mention it"? If there is any problem then tell us immediately and we can almost always do something about it or at least switch you to another cabin. You sound quite organized with putting your daughters on "ant patrol" but they shouldn't have to spend their vacation like that.

We check the mattresser in all cabins each year before opening for the season and replace them as needed, usually about every 2 seasons. I'm glad you at least liked the towels and should you ever be in the area again give us a chance to show you what we can do.
Northern California
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We just returned from Labor Day Weekend with our Fifth Wheel Trailer at this resort. I cannot say enough good things about this place. If you do not need to camp within the park and do not mind a 30-40 minute drive to the park gates, this is an excellent option. The cabins at the park looked really nice and clean, but we didn't see the inside. We were only 1 of about 4 other trailer campers in the place. It was really nice and quiet and those that were there were all really nice and fun. The full hookups are great and they also provide you with a Satellite TV connection. Even if you have a satellite on your trailer, you won't be able to connect here because of the trees etc. so the connection cable was a lifesaver. The staff is all super helpful and kind and the onsite general store and gas station is really convenient. There is a restuarant with Wifi about 500 yards down the road and a swimming hole 5 minutes away. Groveland is about 20 minutes away and they have an awesome saloon (Iron Door Saloon) that is worth visiting for drinks and eats. Lastly, my husband used the showers and bathroom and raved about how clean and nice they were. This is a great option for the Yosemite area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank dontquityourdaydream
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 10 September 2012

We stayed in a travel trailer, so I can't say anything about what was going on in the cabins. We had the coveted camp spot #15. The sites here have full hookups which was awesome! Our site was a nice spot up on a hill by itself with a little lower yard and a small peach tree. Bob, the groundskeeper, turned on the sprinkler so we minded the sprinkler the rest of the week because we saw when it had been freshly watered, lots of birds would come to eat. We did a lot of bird watching. There were beautiful oak woodpeckers and blue birds that liked to eat on the premature peaches. Suzi in the office is a doll! There is a general store so if you are needing something it will likely be there. Next door is a restaurant that is owned by Joe who also owns the campground and I believe the motel next door. There is no cell service or wireless unless you go to the restaurant or motel and then it is very spotty. That was fine with me since I was wanting to enjoy nature. The campground was nice and quiet. Up the road a bit is the Rainbow Pool, which is a waterfall and pooled area. It is really pretty, but we never could find a time when it wasn't occupied by many. The campground is close to Yosemite so you can easily drive there, and I would guess much less expensive camping. There isn't a huge selection of restaurants in the area, only one in Buck Meadows and few more in Groveland so don't expect much that way. The staff at the Buck Meadows restaurant was great and we got to know them pretty well. We didnt want to leave but had to get back home. It is a great area and we are definitely returning.

Room Tip: If you are camping ask for #15
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hanover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 9 September 2012

This was an awesome place. We stayed in a Family Cabin and you can't beat the value! When we arrived, in the midst of 90-degree heat. Thankfully, the cabins had a/c, and the units were going full tilt. We stayed 5 nights with two parents (thanks for the private BR!), and a 10-yo boy, 12-yo boy, 15-yo boy, and 21-yo college-student daughter. This cabin was great for us--private, economical, the fridge held a week's worth of groceries from Oakdale, and we never would have found out about Rainbow Pool without their recommendation. The cliff jumping was amazing: 25 feet with an overhang and deep pool to land in. My daughter did back flips!

A few quibbles: no cell coverage meant when my daughter and son hiked in the park we could only be reached through the front desk, and that didn't work for us. There is Verizon coverage 2 miles east and AT&T coverage 10 miles west in Groveton, but that's a hike. Best bet for ATT 4G coverage is Foresta in the Park. No wireless, either, but that's not why we came to Yosemite. The location is perfect: an hour from the valley, 90 minutes from Tolumne Meadows, 40 minutes from Hetchy Hetchy--you really can access almost the whole park quite easily, except for the Mariposa Grove--but you can combine a trip there with Glacier Point.

I would definitely stay here again--the location, the quality of the lodging, and the people really make this the best value I could find!

Room Tip: Family cabins are great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Modesto, California
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We stayed over the labor day weekend in the RV park space #7, it was by far the best weekend we have had in a long time, the park was very clean,their was nicely kept grass at each camp spot, that is something you usually do'nt get in an RV park. The staff was very friendly and very helpfull, if you had any question about Yosemite or surrounding attraction they could point you in the right direction. In my opinion this is by far the best RV park around the yosemite area, we camp quit a bit up in that area and they are #1 in my book. On a scale of 1-10 they get a 10

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Thomas B
Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed in the Miner's cabin. There are four of us, my husband and 17 year old twins. My husband and son slept in the bedroom, and my daughter and I slept on the futon in the living room. We appreciated finding this cabin as we made late reservations, and were pleased to find anything so close to the entrance of Yosemite. The queen bed is really a futon, and not very comfortable. The futon in the living room is double sized, so smaller than the one in the bedroom. It seemed ok for my daughter and I, although it took us awhile to figure out how to set it up. The cushion behind the futon, that we needed to use once we put the bed together, was very dusty. The pillows were very flat. The cleanliness of the cabin was marginal. It was just ok. It's a cabin after all so we didn't expect perfection. I agree with prior reviewers that the shower head is very low. The front porch was very nice and we did enjoy sitting out there. The Miners cabin sits back away from the other cabins and RV sites, and has some nice trees around it. It worked just fine for our needs. It is a bit of drive once you get into Yosemite, to the Valley, but if you don't want to or are unable to stay in the park, there isn't much else this close to the entrance. One note - we ate at the Buck Meadows restaurant and it was a HORRIBLE experience. Don't waste your time or money there. The service was awful, but then, that's a different review!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments.
Everyone here appreciates constructive criticism and we do act on it. You are correct that the queen bed was a futon. We have replaced it with a regular queen bed with a mattress and box spring. We try to put extra pillows in each cabin as I know the feeling of not having your head elevated enough while sleeping. Unfortunately, they seem to disappear quickly and I have mentioned this to housekeeping.

Yours was the second comment we've had regarding the showerhead and we have raised it 12 inches which should accomodate all of our guests, regardless of height.

I'm glad you enjoyed the large porch as I think it is the nicest in the park and I'm sorry you had a bad experience in our restaurant. I am making some major personnel changes this year which I think will really help when we are so busy in midsummer. Also, we are adding a large patio off the bar which should relieve some of the congestion inside.

Again, thanks for your comments and we hope to see you again when you head this way!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Cedar Lodge
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
Yosemite Westgate Lodge
#4 of 7 in Groveland

Been to Yosemite Ridge Resort? Share your experiences!