“Perfect!”

Ranked #3 of 21 Restaurants in Groveland
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: American, British, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: We invite you to step back in time to enjoy the charming atmosphere of this historical site and to partake in the English tradition of taking tea. Dori's Tea Cottage opened in May 2008 to continue this fine tea tradition and to expand on Dori's life-long love of tea. In 2012, Dori's expanded into the adjacent space that is now Dori's Cafe, which was Groveland's former U.S. Post Office. The Cafe features espresso, gelato, smoothies, fresh brewed iced teas, sandwiches, wraps, quiche, soup, salad and a variety of bakery items. We hope you enjoy your visit - whether you enjoy a quick breakfast, join us for our English tea luncheon, or "Build a Picnic" for your trip to Yosemite.
Nevada City, California
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014

It was a fabulous treat to find a top-notch quality eatery in the small town of Groveland. Friends and I were stopping over on our way into Yosemite. We wanted to take a picnic into the park and Dori's was a great choice. I called ahead with an order and it was waiting for me when I stopped by first thing in the morning. She had even provided one of sandwiches with gluten-free bread for my friend with Celiac's. After seeing the tea room, I'm looking for an opportunity to go back and spend an extra night in Groveland so as to take advantage of such a cozy tea experience.

• Visited February 2014

• Polish first
Los Angeles, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friend and I were on our way to Yosemite and passed through Groveland. This cottage caught our eye and are we ever glad it did! We ordered the full sampler sandwich tray. Every single sandwich was absolutely delicious - fresh. The scone was fresh out of the oven. We were satisfied, full but not stuffed. I rediscovered my love for cinnamon tea while there. We purchased jelly, tea and scones in the adjacent gift shop and bakery before we left. My only regret is there isn't one of in Los Angeles!

• Visited November 2013
Groveland, California
“Why does no one else see this?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I have been here on multiple occasions and have never been impressed. Although I have never been in the tea room i have ordered iced tea and cookies. I have even purchased a few gifts but every time I go in Im treated the same. Because Im not a tourist or an elderly local I am ignored until I basically go out of my way to get his attention. The tea is always old tasting or bitter but the cookies are good.

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank Youngmiss95
Durham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Veggies delight”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2013

For a British vegetarian, the roadside food stops in the USA are mostly a nightmare. Dori's in Groveland is a wonderful exception. Thoughtful food - designed with individuals in mind, not burger guzzling automatons. If I could make raspberry and white chocolate scones like Dori's I would be a very happy cook.
Groveland took a terrible hit from the Yosemite fires this year then the Government shut down - the town is on its knees. Give it a boost, eat at Dori's then go happily replete and spend in the town.

Visited October 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Fantastic breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2013

We all had delicious breakfast bagels here and sat outside under the grapevines. Dori's has a lovely tea room and shop. The owner made us feel very welcome. Well worth a visit when passing through Groveland!

• Visited August 2013

Been to Dori's Tea Cottage & Cafe? Share your experiences!