“We're locals and we love Dori's”
Review of Dori's Tea Cottage & Cafe - CLOSED

Dori's Tea Cottage & Cafe
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We invite you to step back in time to enjoy the charming atmosphere of this historical site and to partake in the English tradition of taking tea. Dori's Tea Cottage opened in May 2008 to continue this fine tea tradition and to expand on Dori's life-long love of tea. In 2012, Dori's expanded into the adjacent space that is now Dori's Cafe, which was Groveland's former U.S. Post Office. The Cafe features espresso, gelato, smoothies, fresh brewed iced teas, sandwiches, wraps, quiche, soup, salad and a variety of bakery items. We hope you enjoy your visit - whether you enjoy a quick breakfast, join us for our English tea luncheon, or "Build a Picnic" for your trip to Yosemite.
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I've been to Dori's quite a few times and they never disappoint. Our gang of friends loves to go there for tea and chats too. You must visit Dori's for lunch, tea, atmosphere, baked yummies or any other excuse you can find!

Reviewed 20 February 2014

It was a fabulous treat to find a top-notch quality eatery in the small town of Groveland. Friends and I were stopping over on our way into Yosemite. We wanted to take a picnic into the park and Dori's was a great choice. I called ahead with an order and it was waiting for me when I stopped by first thing in the morning. She had even provided one of sandwiches with gluten-free bread for my friend with Celiac's. After seeing the tea room, I'm looking for an opportunity to go back and spend an extra night in Groveland so as to take advantage of such a cozy tea experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

My friend and I were on our way to Yosemite and passed through Groveland. This cottage caught our eye and are we ever glad it did! We ordered the full sampler sandwich tray. Every single sandwich was absolutely delicious - fresh. The scone was fresh out of the oven. We were satisfied, full but not stuffed. I rediscovered my love for cinnamon tea while there. We purchased jelly, tea and scones in the adjacent gift shop and bakery before we left. My only regret is there isn't one of in Los Angeles!

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

I have been here on multiple occasions and have never been impressed. Although I have never been in the tea room i have ordered iced tea and cookies. I have even purchased a few gifts but every time I go in Im treated the same. Because Im not a tourist or an elderly local I am ignored until I basically go out of my way to get his attention. The tea is always old tasting or bitter but the cookies are good.

4  Thank Youngmiss95
Reviewed 3 November 2013

For a British vegetarian, the roadside food stops in the USA are mostly a nightmare. Dori's in Groveland is a wonderful exception. Thoughtful food - designed with individuals in mind, not burger guzzling automatons. If I could make raspberry and white chocolate scones like Dori's I would be a very happy cook.
Groveland took a terrible hit from the Yosemite fires this year then the Government shut down - the town is on its knees. Give it a boost, eat at Dori's then go happily replete and spend in the town.