“Solid Mexican cuisine”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Along with the usual Mexican entrees, there were a few regional offerings from Michoacan, the owners' home state. Funky interior - maybe a little TOO funky. They badly need to install new cleaner looking carpeting. Soft drinks only.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I ate here after a long day of hiking on one of my recent trips out to Yosemite, and I was extremely satisfied. Firstly, the service was excellent. I came in around 9:50pm even though the restaurant was supposed to close at 10pm, and they were happy to seat me and accommodate me even right before closing time. My server was extremely friendly, attentive, and knowledgable about the menu. And, most importantly, the food was excellent! Very tasty, fresh, authentic Mexican food. The portion size was very generous as well! I will definitely be coming back here on my next trip.

1  Thank Alana A
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We ate here after three pretty terrible dinners at other places in the area. For it's location, I would give it 5 stars. If it was in the middle of SF, maybe not, but the food was great after a day of long hiking. Also they have beer and pretty tasty sangrias. The ambience is cheerful and boisterous and the food was filling. Complimentary chips while you wait. Seriously wish we would have come here our first night in the area!

Also I think this isn't listed correctly in terms of location. It's right in the heart of groveland near all of the other restaurants

1  Thank Elizabeth D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Was I surprised to find a great Mexican restaurant in this tiny town outside Yosemite! We're from Oakland and this restaurant matched great Mexican restaurants in Oaktown. Family owned and operated, all family recipes from Michoacan, been in Groveland 23 years. We had tostadas and they were yummy. Also loved their cabbage salsa they serve with the chips. Worth a stop on your way to or from Yosemite on 120.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

If you are a fan of good "American-Mexican" style food, this is your kind of hole-in-the-wall, family-run kind if place. Servings are generous and the place is small, but for Mexican food fans, this place hits the spot.

1  Thank Jacqueline M