Had a short but fantastic stay at Evergreen Lodge just after the park reopened. I had booked well in advance beforehand but was told that I'd be able to cancel the reservation if the park wasn't reopened by the time of my visit - thankfully it was reopened but it was so reassuring to see Evergreen Lodge adopt this policy.
We stayed in one of the 'Muirwood' Deluxe Cabins which was very well equipped and laid out and set aside from the centre of the complex. The pool and jacuzzi were a short walk down a path and beautiful as well - we had it to ourselves when we used them one evening.
One of the best things about this place is its restaurant and bar. I was sceptical that, given that everyone is pretty much a captive audience, that they'd be able to get away with serving sub-standard food as per the Yosemite Park hotels inside the park boundary. I was so wrong. The food is excellent quality and matches that I had in some of San Francisco's most popular restaurants. I was surprised to see that the chef had cooked bull's testicles one night, which of course I tried and enjoyed - good to see that they weren't scared to try something different. The choice of wine and cocktails were great too, and the bar staff very helpful. Breakfast was excellent as well, and there was plenty of it - in some ways I preferred it to the standard hotel buffets you get elsewhere.
It is very easy to stay at Evergreen Lodge and rack up a huge bill due to the excellent food and drink available. I scoffed at the prices of their excursions into the park, but from reading the comments from other reviews I reserve judgement. Maybe I'll try one next time! I wish we had a little more time to enjoy the site, rather than rushing off to see as much as the park as possible for the short time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Evergreen Lodge is a newly expanded full-service historic resort featuring 88 spacious cabins in the woods. The lodge sits on 20 acres just a mile from Yosemite National Park in California, putting top attractions - Yosemite Valley, Tuolumne Meadows and Hetch Hetchy - in easy reach. At the lodge, savor a delicious meal, kick back in the classic tavern and enjoy other amenities, including Evergreen's sun deck, game room, kids play areas, nightly activities and therapeutic massage. Ready for adventure? Evergreen's professional guide service offers a variety of sightseeing, hiking, biking, fly fishing and snowshoeing tours, as well as free planning advice for self-guided adventures. A Frommer's 'Favorite' and 'Highly Recommended' by Fodor's, the Evergreen provides the perfect mix of recreation, relaxation and indulgence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Odigeo so you can book your Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Evergreen Lodge At Yosemite Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel Groveland
- Evergreen Hotel At Yosemite
- Evergreen Lodge Yosemite