“Inviting and friendly”

Hotel Charlotte
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Groveland
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Full of charm and history, this old hotel made me smile. Had a very restful night preceded by a great dinner at the restaurant downstairs. An interesting conversation with employees Eric and Molly got me thinking about doing some serious hiking. Eric completed the Appalachian trail in 2010 and Molly has her sights set on El Camino Santiago. The Iron Door Tavern across the street sports a rustic ambience reminiscent of days gone by. Definitely worth a visit.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 5 July 2014

From the time I booked our reservation to the time we departed, the wonderful owners and staff made us feel like dear friends. Hotel Charlotte is old west history combined with contemporary CA lifestyle and cuisine - our room was roomy, light and the bed was very comfortable. The food and drink are magnificent. The lamb meatballs, calamari, and strawberry/chard salad are just a few of the taste treats awaiting you. And, it is the perfect place to launch your Yosemite adventure. It takes about twenty minutes to reach the park entrance, and the Hotel Charlotte staff (and the locals who frequent its bistro) will make sure you have all the inside information, ensuring a fabulous experience. Our suggestion-head straight for the Hotel Charlotte and please tell Jenn and Molly hi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the rear of the hotel. Sorry for my lack of technology savvy - the hotel doesn'...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Charm and history abound here. This hotel was built in this area that was serious gold rush territory. I saw a review that found this pricey but we got two charming small rooms for less than we paid for 1 room at another place within Yosemite. Many antiques with a shabby chic touch although spotlessly clean and comfy. An included full breakfast of eggs, sausage, fruit, yogurt, cereal, etc. was a perfect start to the day. The night we stayed their onsite restaurant was closed so we ate down the block at the Iron Door Saloon, the oldest saloon still in operation in CA. Good burgers and it was open mike night so we felt like locals. The hotel staff made wonderful recommendations of how to spend the day. The kids made use of the games there. Wed go back in heartbeat.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 are very small and share a bathroom. Pets are allowed.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I stayed here for a few days in early June and had a wonderful time. I am a 23 year old female and was traveling by myself for the first time, and I felt completely safe staying here. My room was very clean, cute, and quiet. The bathroom was fully functional with a shower that had plenty of hot water. The bed was very comfortable. I had no problems with checking in and checking out, and I felt that the price was very fair for the room I got. I also loved that there was a small parking lot in the back of the hotel, because parking seems to be scarce in Groveland. I will definitely be staying here again on my next solo trip out to the Sierras! Thank you for the wonderful time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We really enjoyed our trip to Yosemite because of the wonderful service of this beautiful hotel. Our party of 25 stayed at one of their condo's, and it felt like home. We never felt like tourists and the staff made us feel more like guests. The service and help was wonderful throughout, beginning with check in, when they waited past 9.30pm to receive us and set us up so kindly.
This is the only place I would ever choose to stay in Yosemite. Again many thanks :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here on a pre-paid rate and enjoyed the service. The check-in was quick and pleasant. We dropped our belongings off and headed to Yosemite (our drive was only about 30 minutes not the hour mostly stated - may have been time of day?). We arrived back at the hotel really close to 10:00pm on Friday night and they stop serving at that same time. There were customers in the room eating and the staff was kind enough to serve us even though they had technically just closed. The food was very good and the wait staff was very friendly and not once made us feel like we were a burden for being late. The rooms are small but cozy and the beds were nice to sleep in. We did not eat the breakfast that was included in the rate as it was not open until 7:30 and we headed out prior to 7. If you are a light sleeper ask for a room in the back. I did not find it noisy but I could see how a light sleeper might have a some noise concerns if they were in the front near the establishment next door. I think you would have to be an extremely light sleeper for it to be an issue. Parking - it is best to go to the car wash and turn down that street instead of trying for the alley down to the parking area. I would stay here during a future visit.

Room Tip: We had a room at the front of the hotel and there is a patio area there. If you go to bed before 10...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We booked a hotel a bit far. Wanted to: live near the valley then came down found this nice one. They even helped to cancel previous booking. Really helpful and friendly. Breakfast is quite good.

And it's not Francisco away to the valley.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
#2 of 2 in El Portal
All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B

Been to Hotel Charlotte? Share your experiences!