“Nice B&B, but ...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 6 Groveland B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Nice B&B, but ...”
Reviewed 22 July 2005

This is a lovely B&B, but I agree with the earlier reviewer, the proprietress really does need to tone down her talk at breakfast time. We just wanted to sit and enjoy the lovely breakfast and plan our day's hiking in Yosemite, not hear her talking about family issues that quite frankly we had no interest in and were not suitable for the breakfast table. I will not go into what she said, but it was highly unsuitable.

If I went back to Yosemite, I probably would give this place a miss and stay somewhere less claustraphobic.

5 Thank safo
, Own & Operate at Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 August 2005
We serve breakfast in a quiet setting on the verandah in the midst of a 210 acre estate. While clearing the table we make time to answer questions from our guest. As a Daughter of the Revolution and 4th generation Californian I can become passionate about my family, the history of my State (California) and the Country in which I live. Sincerely Katherine

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Hebrew first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 27 June 2005

Spent a June night with my wife at this wonderful, out of the way B&B. The B&B is about 20 minutes north of Groveland set on 210 acres. Horses, bass fishing pond (catch & release) and plenty of walking trails. Rooms are all upstairs, beautifly appointed with spacious private bathroom. Downstairs includes a pool room, and a couple of other rooms for relaxing. The breakfast was wonderful, fresh fruit, oj, coffee at the table, followed by scrambled eggs, turkey sausage link, fried new potatoes, sour dough toast served on a porch setting at 8:30.
The hosts were very friendly and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 April 2005

I spent 3 nights there with my husband and we really had a fantastic time. The house is full of character and charm, the hosts are lovely and the home-cooked breakfasts incredible! This is definitely a great place to stay if you intend to visit Yosemite Park.

• Stayed April 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
San Mateo, CA
Reviewed 9 April 2005

The buildings are hidden in the trees about 100 yards off a country road, maybe 8 miles from downtown Groveland. It's a little hard-to-find, at first (especially in the dark), but well worth the effort. The rooms are extremely comfortable and quiet and the breakfast is delicious (and enormous). There are plenty of trails, locally, for hiking or riding (mountain biking or horses), and the proprietors are extremely friendly and helpful. The west ("Big Oak") entrance to Yosemite Park is about 20 miles from the door, on Highway 120. Other interesting local desginations include Columbia historic park, Hetch Hetchy Reservoir and Ironstone Vineyards (the latter is about an hour away).

• Stayed March 2005
4 Thank dwmatthews
New York
Reviewed 4 January 2005

Everything in the previous posts is true. Lovely B&B, pretty convenient location, and warm hosts. My only detraction is that the proprietor would recall uncomfortable, albeit colorful, stories during breakfast. Examples you ask? Let's just say that crimes against children and women need not be mentioned at 8:30am even if you are severely denouncing them! Everyone has a right to voice their opinion, but cautionary tales and politics that might make your guests squirm are better left unmentioned.

5 Thank jnyc
Chicago
Reviewed 26 September 2004

Great place. Room, food, and Staff all top rate. We extended our stay we liked it so much.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed 10 September 2004

We wanted to enjoy Yosemite, but the only time we could get away from our busy careers with our two children was right around Labor Day -- and to no surpise, everything in the Park was booked the weekend before, and the weekend of, Labor Day.

I found Yosemite Rose online and learned that they had a cottage available for the entire week. The cottage was lovely, and perfect for a relaxing, rejuvenating stay. It's close enough to Yosemite and the many other delights of the area, without being so close you feel smothered by all the people in Yosemite Valley.

While there, Don kindly offered to let my two children ride "Gyser" a 30+ year old former cattle horse that he and his wife had saved from being "destroyed." What an amazingly gentle horse -- my children were delighted!

We all had a wonderful time swimming, hiking, fishing (fishing pond was a short walk -- on the property), rick climbing, and --- of course -- riding Geyser.

I highly recommend the Yosemite Rose!!

6 Thank SanDiegoMoodGoddess
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Rush Creek Lodge
Cedar Lodge
#2 of 2 in El Portal
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B

Been to Yosemite Rose Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!