“Tipical saloon”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 17 July 2014

During a hot day we had a good refreshing salad together with a good lemonade. The saloon is very nice with money every where.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our curiosity was piqued when we found out the Saloon was one of the "oldest" somethings, so we decided to try it. Groveland is a small, very quaint former Gold Rush town, and this is one of their "fixtures" in town. We asked what was it's distinction, and the waiter told us it's the longest running saloon, even through Prohibition. Totally cool. They serve burgers and other dishes, but we were up for burgers, which did not disappoint. My son absolutely LOVED the California Burger! The wait staff was very friendly and attentive, and atmosphere was fun. They have $ bills all over the ceiling and on some door jams. It seems that most patrons donate a $1 bill with a saying on it to the collection. All in all, a fun, good eats place to go to, and it has great ice cream right next door that is a must do!!!!

1  Thank tymetocruz7
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Not bad decent food great atmosphere... Place is really cool old saloon style... Food was good but nothing great... We ordered a burger, fish and chips and chicken sandwich ... Service good ... I might try another place in this small town after reading other tripadvisor reviews but can't complain

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Make sure you leave yourself at least one hour - great home-made and juicy chargrilled burgers, nice beer, great atmosphere and the local waiters won't let you wait long. And - do not forget to treat yourselves with a great ice cream right next door ;-)

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I like visiting old historic saloons every opportunity I can, so when I accidentally found the Iron Door Saloon on my way to Yosemite, it was like discovering gold for me. How a great place like this can remain relatively unknown considering that it is the oldest continuously operating saloon in California (since 1852) is a mystery to me. The place still looks like an 1852 saloon, and that is what makes it so special. Add a pro bartender like Kevin (a guy who single-handedly held-down the bar "on the 4th of July" - an outstanding job Kevin!!), and you have a fun place to drop into on your way to or from Yosemite. I've been to quite a few California saloons now, and the Iron Door is definitely one of the best in terms of its history, the staff, and the service. Thanks again Kevin for an excellent Long-Island Iced Tea!

2  Thank Bob V