“Disappointed”

All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Groveland
Reviewed 30 September 2007

We booked 2 nights at the big creek meadow ranch (same owner) but when we arriverd apparently there was a overbooking problem so we had to spend our 2e night at this place. Quite disappointing compared to the ranch ...
Breakfast was a joke; no view; boring ...
OK, more luxuary than the ranch but that's not what we were looking for ...

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank peterRiemst

Reviewed 20 May 2007

The room (Emerald Pool) was cozy and cutely decorated. That being said, it was tiny, the woman who greeted us was not the least bit welcoming, and the breakfast is a joke. It should be billed as an Inn with a lousy continental breakfast, not a B&B. All you get before a day of hiking in Yosemite is pre-packaged English muffins and kid's juice boxes. Way overpriced.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2007

My wife booked a room online for my birthday. Realizing we made a mistake with the date, we called them directly to cancell within 5 minutes of booking. After speaking with 3 different people, we were assured that our 5 minute reservation was cancelled and not charged. Three weeks later we got charged $180 for a room we never stayed at. I spoke with Ann the Inn Keeper thinking it was a simple mistake and she pretty much told me I was a liar and that the reservation was never cancelled.

From this experience, I think this place is hurting for money because they'll stick it to you if they can. Since we did pay for a night, I feel I'm allowed to comment on their horrible customer service. Please read further reviews before booking or don't stay here all together.

Stayed: May 2007
2  Thank mlueck
Reviewed 8 May 2007

My husband and I were celebrating our 1st wedding anniversary the weekend we found this inn. It was such a relief to find this quaint, quiet and cozy Inn after the original place we reserved wasn't fit for anyone to stay in.

Our room, Emerald Pool, was very nice. The bathroom had a toilet, sink and shower. Other rooms offer jacuzzi tubs and showers. We were able to have a nice relaxing weekend here. A complimentary breakfast is included which is the typical (at least typical for us) english muffins, fruit, instant oatmeal, yogurt, coffee and juice that you help yourself too. If you are looking for a more elaborate or hot meal this isn't the place for breakfast. My husband and I both really enjoyed our stay and had some nice conversations with the owner and a staff person. We'd both stay here again if we were planning to stay in Groveland.

The town of Groveland is small but there are a few different types of restaurants in town - all within walking distance from the inn. One night we ate at Cafe Charlotte and we're very impressed with the quality of food we received. Also, if you like espresso - there is a store across the street from the inn that has very good espresso, that is according to my husband and he is picky about his coffee. :) Also, if you want a good pizza don't forget to check out PJ's.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 November 2006

Purpose build Bed and Breakfast which means there is no personal contact with owners.

During our stay w never saw the owner (who live somewhere else). The breakfast is pretty much a disaster as the cleaner leaves some bread and old marmalade combined with Donald duck orange juice (honest).

The location is still nearly 50 miles from the valley which means at least an hours driving.
Few restaurants around and the ones we tried all closed at 8:30 PM.

Room is bit strange with very small jacuzzi (well sort of) and strangely enough a nice balcony but no way to lock the door.

For the rest it was clean. Bed was OK and the room was spacious (clouds). IThe price is purely driven by location.

If you are visiting Yosemite get something closer to Valley.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PeterDino
Reviewed 22 August 2006

We stayed at the All Seasons (in the Eagle's Tower) in August 2006. Like a few others who have posted here, we chose this place because we were late in making travel plans and this was the only place that still had vacancies. Oh boy, were we disappointed!

First, the shower didn't work. The shower head was attached to the Jacuzzi tub but the water wouldn't go to the shower -- water literally just dripped out of the shower head, drop by drop. My wife and I then noticed that the tub didn't even have a shower curtain. Did management know about the problem but never even bothered to fix it? Also, after I attempted to take a shower with the dripping shower head, there was no more hot water left for my wife. It was extremely frustrating after a hard day of hiking in Yosemite and not being able to have a proper shower!

Second, while we were there, the room was too hot. We tried to adjust the air conditioner but the AC was preset so that you couldn't lower the temperature below the preset level. We did not appreciate management's attempt to save energy costs at the guests' expense. Also, the AC was very loud.

Third, the so-called "breakfast" that came with the room was awful. The pastry was some pre-packaged danish -- absolutely disgusting.

Stay away. Better to stay at a motel at half the cost and spare yourself the frustration.

Stayed: August 2006
1  Thank The_Land_Cruiser
Reviewed 1 August 2006

My wife and I stayed here on our Yosemite trip, and was very happy with our room (Yosemite Falls). Room was well done - although I personally would not decorate my place this way. Groveland is a hike (over an hr) to the park. The hotel is on a busy highway, but the car traffic is ok when we were sleeping. Would stay here again - if places in the park are booked.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
Best Western Plus Sonora Oaks Hotel & Conference Center
Jamestown Hotel
Jamestown Hotel
#1 of 6 in Jamestown

Been to All Seasons Groveland Inn B&B? Share your experiences!