“Enchanting, quaint and homely”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Groveland
Blackberry Inn at Yosemite
Ranked #1 of 6 Groveland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Although I could have booked a hotel inside Yosemite National Park itself, I was not keen to do so after reading reviews on the service and noise in the rooms. It took me some time to trawl the net to find something quiet. I finally stumbled on Blackberry Inn by accident and boy, am I glad to make this decision.

This is a rustic country home-style but with modern amenities and elegant decor both in the rooms and the gardens. You can see the owner's passion in the design, commitment to keep standards high and care for the place. Steve personally cooked the breakfast according to my dietary needs and baked the cookies that were left in the room each day.

There are intricate classic details at every corner. It is like a dream home with understated beauty and practicality. I appreciate the adaptor with 2 USB ports and a 3-pin power-point. This allowed me to charge both my mobile phones and camera at the same time. There is a night light in the bathroom when you turn off the lights. There is also an electric fireplace and air conditioner. The bed is ultra-comfortable and grand.

I'm glad I took the initiative to talk to busy Steve after guests had left for their daily outings and found him to be energetic and attentive. (That was when I discovered the cookies were home-made by him.) There are common areas such as a library, lounge and verandah for guests to relax in. Watching the humming birds feed and hearing a bird sing was a joy. A restaurant with good burgers is 5 minutes away.

This pretty inn with the owner's personal touch each day is a rare find and sets the bench mark for boutique lodging. It is a destination in itself. It was a delight returning to the tranquil grounds each day, watching the sunset and horses. Blackberry is like a grand dame that is young at heart. It was hard leaving her!

Room Tip: If you like breakfast served at your patio, you will need to choose the rooms in the newer wing - at...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank iamwithU

Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights during our quick trip to Yosemite. Because we made our plans just a few months ahead of time, there was no availability at any of the lodging options inside of the park (not to mention, lodging in Yosemite is quite pricey). So we chose to stay at the Blackberry Inn for its affordability and location.

We stayed in the Berry Patch, inside the main house, which was no big deal at all. We had no problems with privacy or noise. Our room was very spacious and extremely clean. We were greeted with freshly baked cookies each evening and enjoyed a delicious breakfast each morning. For $15/person, Steve packed us a healthy sack lunch so that we would have plenty of food to take with us for our day of hiking.

The inn is a 15-minute drive to the park entrance, and from the park entrance, it takes about 45 minutes to drive to the valley floor. I was very glad we stayed near this entrance of the park, and the drive each morning was actually quite enjoyable.

Guests are provided with guidebooks and maps, and Steve will offer any advice on where to go and which trails to hike. There were board games in the cabinet upstairs and plenty of books and magazines to borrow for down-time. Keep in mind that this is a B&B, so things like chatting with the innkeepers and sitting down to breakfast with strangers just come with the territory. On the plus side, your breakfast is included, and you'll receive excellent customer service. We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this B&B.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

There's not a lot to choose from near the east end of Yosemite. This B&B is a nice property. The rooms are ok. $200+/night is way too much for what you get. This was one of 6 places we stayed over a 24 day trip. This was the ONLY place I wouldn't return to and the ONLY negative review I've written.

Innkeepers are neither gracious nor accommodating. To pay $200+ for what you get here is way too much. Better off staying in a more rustic, equally comfortable lodge or B&B for less than 1/2 the price.

I was very, very surprised by the high ranking this Inn received on T/A. We'd suggest you either stay at a cheaper Inn or choose another place by a different entrance.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BlackberryInn, Owner at Blackberry Inn at Yosemite, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

We at the Blackberry Inn pride ourselves on our attention to detail and customer service as evidenced by over 300 glowing guest reviews. However, this time, customer expectations were not in line with our ability to provide service. Personal feedback is encouraged from EVERY single guest at checkout time so that we can constantly improve our service. This guest did not voice a complaint at time of departure and before payment when given the opportunity to do so. Therefore, this review has taken us completely by surprise. We strive to create the best possible lodging experience for the Yosemite area. Our rooms include lovely furnishings, large soaking tubs, antiques, new mattresses and high quality bedding. We also spend time with each guest to help them plan their visit to Yosemite in order to maximize the time they have available for enjoying the park.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had a lovely stay at this property. It is really serene and beautiful! Wonderful homemade breakfast is served every morning. We were at the Half Dome and got breakfast served right there on the patio outside our room. Steve was absolutely amazing in accommodating my crazy dietary needs! The gigantic soaking tub in the room is wonderful - especially after a whole day in Yosemite. I would happily stay here again and recommend this place for everyone!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This inn is perfect. We stayed in the 'Clouds Rest' room which is huge and equipped with everything you need. The bed was super comfortable, the best during our two week trip, and the bathroom is excellent too. Breakfasts are delicious. The setting of the inn is very beautiful, quiet and relaxing and Steve is a great host. It is a perfect base to explore Yosemite, which blew us away.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Blackberry Inn at the end of June. During our stay, we were in the Honeymoon Sweet.
We had high hopes for the inn, and it exceeded our expectations. The grounds and our room were impeccably kept. Clean, comfortable, charming. The Honeymoon Sweet has its own balcony with seating for two. Each night we were at the inn, my wife and I sat on the balcony and stargazed. Because the inn is located on a high altitude near Yosemite, the night’s sky was magical. Truly the most stars I have ever seen in my life. The stargazing was an added feature to a great stay.
The Honeymoon Sweet room was equipped with a comfy bed, a mini fridge, a seating area, and a beautiful bathroom. The bathroom had a wonderfully tiled shower and a large soaking tub. Each night we enjoyed the jetted tub after hiking in the park. Also within the room, we found our own tea pot and guidebook to Yosemite. We enjoyed both while snacking on the fresh chocolate chip cookies that were left for us each day. We couldn’t have asked for a better equipped and charming room.
The grounds of the inn are kept nicely with many potted flowers and plants to admire. On the outside of the main house, the inn has a large balcony with rocking chairs. I enjoyed sitting in those chairs and watching the humming birds feed in the early evening. The inn is comfortable and quant. A very cute place to stay without being stuffy or foo-foo. This inn is a perfect starting and ending point for your day in Yosemite. You will get a great nights sleep at the Blackberry Inn.
Only about 15 minutes from the park gate, The Blackberry Inn is about the closet you can get to Yosemite without staying inside the park itself. To get to the Yosemite Valley, plan on about an hour and 15 minute drive.
I would be remiss of me not to mention the owner Steve in my review. This gentleman was class personified. Very friendly and generous with his knowledge and time. When we got to the inn, Steve asked how much time we had during our visit. Based on our answer, Steve worked up a perfect Yosemite itinerary for us. With his help, we maximized our time and enjoyment of the park. Steve also gave us good restaurant suggestions and stellar directions to everywhere we were interested in going. While at the Blackberry Inn, we truly felt like guests.
I wouldn’t hesitate to stay at the Blackberry Inn in the future. Worth every travel dollar spent.

Room Tip: Ask the owner Steve. He was very upfront and honest, I'm sure he would point you to a room that...
Reviewed 8 July 2014

For a special anniversary my husband and I stayed the weekend at the Blackberry Inn, which I chose because it was only 11 miles from the Oak Flat entrance to Yosemite. There was still considerable driving once inside the park, but it turned out the nearby town of Groveland had plenty of decent dining choices and had more character than El Portal or other places with perhaps more affordable (but run of the mill) lodging. The Inn's owners were friendly, the room (ours was the Bridalveil suite) was spacious, very clean, attractively decorated, and quiet. Breakfast was brought to us right outside our front door on a private patio (it was June). (Breakfast in the main house is served in a dining room with other guests) The bathroom had a deep soaking tub. There is no TV but that was fine with us. There is a small refrigerator in the room, which was appreciated. The closest nearby restaurant and small general store is at Buck Meadows, basically just down the road. Groveland is about 10 miles away. During high season you probably pay nearly as much for a blah motel room in Mariposa, which is farther away from Yosemite, if you add in the fact that you're getting two home-cooked breakfasts, so treat yourself to this charming B&B.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Groveland
Evergreen Lodge at Yosemite
#5 of 7 in Groveland
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
Yosemite Cedar Lodge
#2 of 2 in El Portal

Been to Blackberry Inn at Yosemite? Share your experiences!