We loved how close this was to one of the entrances/exits out of Yosemite but keep in mind there is not much else near this hotel. The room was nice and spacious and it was equipped with a mini fridge and a microwave. As you are leaving Yosemite there is a General Store along the way so you may want to pick up some snacks and drinks to store in your room. The one down side is we were on the second floor and had to walk our luggage up the stairs; luckily the staircase is not too steep.
We made the error of leaving through a different Yosemite exit (Mariposa) on our second day so we could find some spots to eat. We did find many options of places to eat but we had to take Route 49 to Route 120 which was very curvy and scary at night with no lights. Next time we'll just load up at the General Store or eat at the restaurant next to the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is the most modern lodging facility on Highway 120, located just a mere 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat "Westgate" Entrance to Yosemite N.P., And a short 35 mile jaunt down to the Valley Floor and the many popular features of Yosemite including the thunderous waterfalls, Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and many campgrounds in and around Yosemite. We offer the ideal place to stay if you are traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. Our hotel boasts 48 luxuriously appointed and newly remodeled and extremely spacious rooms. Most of our rooms have two queen size beds, making them ideal for families or groups. The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is a 100% Non-Smoking facility and unfortunately, Pets are NOT allowed. The Lodge has a heated swimming pool, spa, playground, laundry facilities, and an adjacent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Yosemite Westgate Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite Westgate Hotel Groveland
- Americas Best Value Inn Groveland