We booked this hotel for 3 nights but due to the fire evacuation we only got to stay one night. On our first morning outing we left the hotel early for our first day in Yosemite. The road was closed/evacuations in place before we returned. Unfortunately for us, that meant all of our belongings were left behind in the hotel. After some initial panic on our part, we checked the hotel website to discover that they had arranged lodging for us at a sister hotel. We ended up staying there for the remainder of our Yosemite visit. After heading back home to VA, and assuming all of our belongings were lost to the fire, we got an email from the Westgate manager indicating that she had sent our things back to us. Once received, I called and spoke with her and discovered that she herself had entered the rooms and packed up each person's belongings and returned them. I couldn't have been more appreciative and thankful. That extra touch was amazing! In addition, during the one night we were able to stay at the Westgate we loved it. The rooms were spacious, clean, and updated. The location is great. Just a short drive to the entrance of Yosemite. Didn't get to try the pool but it looked inviting. There's a great pizza place a few miles into Groveland. We will definitely be heading back to the Westgate!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is the most modern lodging facility on Highway 120, located just a mere 12 miles from the Big Oak Flat "Westgate" Entrance to Yosemite N.P., And a short 35 mile jaunt down to the Valley Floor and the many popular features of Yosemite including the thunderous waterfalls, Half Dome, El Capitan, Cathedral Rocks, and many campgrounds in and around Yosemite. We offer the ideal place to stay if you are traveling from the San Francisco Bay Area and Northern California. Our hotel boasts 48 luxuriously appointed and newly remodeled and extremely spacious rooms. Most of our rooms have two queen size beds, making them ideal for families or groups. The Yosemite Westgate Lodge is a 100% Non-Smoking facility and unfortunately, Pets are NOT allowed. The Lodge has a heated swimming pool, spa, playground, laundry facilities, and an adjacent restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Yosemite Westgate Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Value Inn Yosemite Westgate Hotel Groveland
- Americas Best Value Inn Groveland