“Run Away”

Ranked #2 of 2 Grover Beach B&B and Inns
Fresno, California
“Run Away”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Yes its affordable at the moment... but how much will you have to pay later after you go to the doctor because you got bit by bugs in your bed? Will you have to provide your own light in your room like I did because the lights didn't work? Absolutely the worst place I have stayed in around the Pismo area!!

Room Tip: I would spend the extra money on the Oceano Inn or the Best Western
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank RTovar559

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Kelseyville, California
Reviewed 15 April 2013

Literally, it was like sleeping in a dump. I should contact the police dept/fire dept/ Health Dept or whoever else i can and let them know what a rundown place this is, and it should actually be condemned. They should not be charging the prices they are charging for a one night stay.

1.No blankets on bed, Just a sheet and extremely light bed spread
2.No clock
3. Phones did not work
4. Internet did not work
5.Blood stained sheets
6.Dog food in bed
7.Feces/vomit on wall in bathroom (health issue)
8. MOLD in shower/shower curtains (health issue)
9. Stained furniture/chairs
10. Spliced wires on the lamp
11. Missing drawers in furniture
12. Heater did not work
13. Windows did not properly close/had mold.
14. Room smelled like urine/smoke, and we got a smoke free room.
15. Customer service/front desk had horrible service.
16.Stacked towels on the back of toilet (health issue). Bathroom was DISGUSTING.
17. Carpet DIRTY DIRTY DIRTY. Stained. Do not walk bare foot either. Family member cut their toe on carpet strips.
I tried desperately to get another hotel at 10pm at night, on a Friday, but nothing was available in my price range. I was forced to either sleep in the room or our car. The location of this Inn is in a bad neighborhood. This is a true review and should be DEFINITELY taken into consideration.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank meeowser

Travellers are raving about these Grover Beach hotels

Reviewed 13 February 2013

I made the mistake of moving from the Motel 6 just because it was closer to the beach. The first room stank like detergent and the second one was musty smelling. They need to spend some money and update the rooms. Until that happens, go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2013
7 Thank straycatusa
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 7 December 2012

My fiance and I stayed at this particular establishment. It was a last minute thing on Thanksgiving Weekend. We basically went in and dropped off our bags and went to eat. When we came back we found a number of bodily fluid spots on the bedding (all the bedding), carpet, and mattresses. The wall outlets were not working along with the heating or A/C. When I went into the bathroom the shower floor did not appear to be sturdy and there was a window that had no coverings so people could look in. On top of all that I stepped on tacks that were coming out of the carpet. When we tried to get our money back the person managing the front desk told us it was not possible to get a refund, but she would happily move us. We knew that was not an option so we ate the 80 bucks and chalked it up to a lesson learned.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Danielle S
Hesperia, California
Reviewed 1 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel was the worst hotel I have ever seen before. I travel out of town a lot I've seen a lot of low end hotels but not like this one. I didn't wanna take my shoes off because of the stains on the carpet. All the chairs had permanent black stains. The sheets on the bed look like they hadn't been cleaned. All the towels I receive had stains in them. I've never been so happy to leave a hotel!

• Stayed September 2012
5 Thank griffk
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Omgee!! Me and my family had absolutely no where else to stay, booked everywhere. They told us $179, then within 30 mins it jumped to $200!! they new we had no where else to go! They were like or you can sleep in your car and we will charge you $59 tomorrow, which supposedly is the normal price. Umm hello I have Lil kids, I can't sleep on the car!!! They thought it was funny too, they said we know this Hotel is not worth $200, but it's the " Day" the Room was horrific! Smelled like pee! The blankets were nasty, the floor was nasty,luckily we had our own blankets! It was a bad experience and a hard lesson learned. Next booking in advance somewhere else!!! Someone should report those ppl!! Class Action???

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Kittyhello10
Bakersfield, California, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Okay so I booked with this hote l(8/11/2012) basically because everything else was full or too expensive. Upon arrival my husband was very dis-satisfied as was I. When given our key we went to our designated room to find the door cracked open slightly. After entering I can say that even in the worst hotels in Bakersfield,CA where I live this hotel room was unbelievably Horrific!! One bed had looked to be slept in. The other bed had blood stains, burn marks and some sort of animal hair. After being thoughly disgusted by the beds alone the entire room was dirty....No clean towels and empty food packages and even the faces of the two cheap dressers were missing!!!! REALLY? After that my husband talked to the owner about the room, after explaining about the state of the room we thought somebody or (Crack heads) due to the neighborhood had broken into his hotel room. He was rude and annoyed at our accusation. We had thought we were doing him a favor. So after sleeping that One and ONLY night we hurried out the next day!....The morning of check out I had noticed a Bump on my eyelid....but thought no more about it. This morning( Tues 8/14/2012) when I went to my doctor I was told that my swollen Eye was because I was bit by a BED BUG! Do yourself a favor and either find a decent hotel or stay home. It will save you the money of going to the Doc. and paying for antibiotics....SIMPLY because these people wouldnt take better care of their hotel.....I dont care if its under new management. This place needs to be shut down....BBB and health department will surely be giving " GROVER BEACH INN" a call!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Pismo Lighthouse Suites
Pismo Lighthouse Suites
#3 of 27 in Pismo Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,596 reviews

Been to Pacific Inn? Share your experiences!