“It is cheap, it gets the job done”

Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Grover Beach
Reviewed 31 May 2013

It is a decent hotel. It is a bit far from the beach, but then again the beach is not much to write home about. A friend suggested I check out Pismo, so I did.

The rooms are clean, and a lot more modern and comfortable than other Holiday Inn Express properties I have used. Shower was very good. Soaps good. Electrical outlets a bit hard to find. Complementary coffee and tea all day in the main office.

Why the three star rating? Well, I am not fond of the fact that the buildings being separate. The main office is separate from the two other buildings. Thankfully I had good weather. Next, the walls are a bit thin. There were some loud kids outside playing some games, and you could hear them quite well. The parking in some cases is on a hill that is higher that can look right into your room. No view in any direction.

Location is not too terrible, though. Right down the road is a very nice set of outlet stores - Tommy, Polo, Guess, Sketchers, Nike, etc. Highway entrance is right there...

I paid $82 on Hotwire (3* hotel in Pismo). It was as low as $77 before moving up bit by bit.

Would I stay here again? Probably not. I'd try to find another property in Pismo first before settling on this one, however then again, I'm not sure I'd be stopping in Pismo again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Hotwire booking - $75-85 for 3* hotel in Pismo Beach area.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tsk9383
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2013

Dear tsk9383,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed the shower. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your feedback is very important to us. It is disappointing to know you did not enjoy your overall experience with us and regrettable you were not satisfied with the property and room accommodations caused by the noise. Rest assured, your review will be forwarded to the appropriate departments and will be used to reconsider improvements needed.

Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention, as we pride ourselves on excellent customer service. Hope to see you soon.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Booked this hotel on our way from la to sfo. Rooms were simple but clean and comfy bed. Internet was free and breakfast was very simple but enough for us. Bagels, cereals, toast, jam butter, coffee tea. Some fruits. Perfect if you travel from la to sfo or vv.

Stayed: September 2012
CentralCoastGM, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

Dear Archie L,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to give us your candid comments on TripAdvisor. We hope to have you and your furry friend back with us in the near future!

Sam M.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

This was a clean well kept hotel. There is a pretty good restaurant next door. We took our small dog so we were relegated to the lower floor directly across from the driveway and restaurant so (due to traffic and young people running around upstairs) it was pretty noisy late into the evening.
There was a pretty good breakfast set up at 6:30a.
We had an issue with Hotels.com when we had to cut our five day trip down to 3 days and we did not receive a refund for the 2 days.. The hotels a nice place though.... conveniently located and the staff is great!

Room Tip: Stay off the bottom floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 May 2013

My fiance and I stayed here in February for his birthday. We got to get away not only from the kids but from outside noises both day & at night! While our stay was definitely too short, the staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean. We had never stayed in this area and were nervous about what we would get. We were both very happy with our stay here and highly recommend this location to anyone looking to be in the area. We plan on returning every year for his birthday!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 22 April 2013

The Grover Beach Holiday Inn was typical of Holiday Inns - clean and functional. There were plenty of towels and toiletries. The room had a fridge. The reception area (in a separate block) had 24hr free tea, coffee, cocoa and hot chocolate which was a welcome touch.

The room did not have a safe

Internet was fast, reliable and supported Multiple devices

Breakfast was a typical American buffet style with fruit, cereals, pastries, juices and a limited hot food choice. The selection, availability and quality were pretty good

Grover beach is a "drive on"" beach with firm packed sand. It's a nice beach. The hotel is on the main coastal route between LA and SF, is easily found and makes a great journey breaker.

We didn't explore the area immediately round the hotel as we arrived late but, there were restaurants & bars within a few hundred metres."

There was plenty of parking

The hotel had a whirlpool and a nicely heated outdoor pool which the kids really enjoyed. Like other aspects of the hotel, it was nicely done!

The staff at the Grover were both friendly and very helpful - which was a refreshing change on this trip.

Overall, I have no hesitation in recommending this Holiday Inn

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yahooholidays
Reviewed 16 April 2013

My family and I were here for a death in the family and the hotel was overly accomidating, they went out of their way to assist us. Frindly staff, clean rooms, and they even went out of their way to keep all our family near one another. I thank the staff and management for their services. We will stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here for two nights in March 2013. Would have rather stayed in Pismo, but Grover beach was much cheaper. The breakfast was good, and the front desk staff was nice. There is a really yummy steak restaurant right next door (walking distance).

My only complaint was the housekeeping came by early (I don't remember what time) and woke up my baby up. I didn't see a card that I could put on the door to not request housekeeping.
But, I would stay here again, and next time make sure I had the card out.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
#9 of 29 in Pismo Beach
The Inn at the Cove
The Inn at the Cove
#1 of 29 in Pismo Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Grover Beach-Pismo Beach Area? Share your experiences!