“Just ok”

Yamato Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 57 Restaurants in Grover Beach
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed 6 January 2013

Ok we are from Los Angeles so our standard for food is a bit more critical but still impressed with the numbers of customers that showed up

1  Thank michelle923
There are newer reviews for Yamato Japanese Restaurant

Reviewed 29 December 2012

Hands down the best sushi in town. Been to all the spots in the 5 cities and this is the one I keep going back to. Steve the owner is awesome and makes some great dishes!!! Never a bad meal here. I recommend sitting at the sushi bar and letting Steve take care of you.

1  Thank colevos
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is my boyfriend and I favorite place to eat sushi. It is small and friendly. The sushi rolls are always good.

1  Thank mindisue13
Reviewed 3 October 2011

In the 10+ years we've been going here, we've only had one problem. Not with the food, but with a server. However, we had a worse service problem with their larger sister sushi restaurant in San Luis Obispo. We've we decided never to go back to the SLO location again.

In Grover Beach, our food has always been fresh and the size of the sushi is much larger than what we've found in other similar restaurants. The fish always out-sizes the rice in rolls. It's a more relaxed locals vibe.

Reviewed 28 November 2010

Ive been going to Yamatos for years now and it is the BEST in the 5 Cities area. I've had a couple mis haps, but nothing really horrible to make me not want to return.
The fish is always fresh and the service is great! It gets busy on Fri/Sat nights so there may be a little bit of a wait but its totally worth it. I love that they have their "retro" pricing and the buy a large Hite beer get a 99 cent sake! It can get a little cold/drafty so make sure to bring a jacket :)

1  Thank mindybakes