My friend and I stayed for two nights at Windermere House in Muskoka and had a great time. We wanted a short fall get-away to hike and see the fall colours. The staff were exceptionally helpful, giving advice on where to hike and what to do. The beds were comfortable, with soft luxurious linens and great choice of pillows of different thicknesses. The washroom was a small, but the shower was great. We had asked for a lakeside view, but none was available. Our room was nonetheless lovely, with a balcony that looked over the garden. The highlight for us though was the dining. The hotel has a fabulous restaurant and I had the best calamari of my life there! Ordered it two nights in a row. They also had a mushroom soup that is one of the best I have ever tasted. (I hunt and eat wild mushrooms so I am particular about my mushrooms!) They very graciously accommodated food allergies as well. Finally, the setting for this hotel makes it worth every penny. It sits on the shore of a lake with a fabulous view. I'm sure the place is packed in the summer, but we were delighted to see it in a quiet time. We returned to the city rested and happy, and are determined to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.” Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages. Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you. Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Expedia and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Canada - Muskoka District