We arrived on Sunday after playing a round of golf at the quaint Windermere Golf Club and our check-in was a non issue. As advertised and recommended on tripadvisor we booked a second floor room with a balcony and the view was wonderful.
We decided on the pub for dinner and that was a mistake. First they were out of pulled pork, second my waitress got my order wrong and third how can you mess up a blt? Try with dry (stale ) bread and enough mayo to fill a thimble. The sandwich lacked ingredients ( one strip of bacon, not thick with stuff at all). To make things worse our waitress never came back around and we had to beg for a glass of water. Perhaps she thought my pre-dinner drink was to last for the whole meal. After all who does not like a rye and ginger ( which she spelt and giggled about as she placed it on the table ) with a blt? For $70 we got a blt, a drink, 2 glasses of wine and a wrap. NOT good value.
After a restless night I went down for the free coffee only to find out they were out of paper cups to go back to the room. Thankfully we did get the last one although we did see people later drinking coffee out of highball glasses.
The girls at check out were great and the golf staff ( will review that later ) exceptional!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.” Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages. Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you. Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Canada - Muskoka District