My husband grew up in Ontario and has fond memories of the Muskoka lakes. So, we came back for a visit (from BC). Windermere House was the perfect place to stay - an historic inn with phenomenal lake views combined with outstanding service. The food was so delicious we stayed put and tried the wide variety of menu items. And the front desk staff were extremely helpful to connect us with the marina to rent a boat to tour the lake. Our personal boat tour was the highlight of our trip. The pool and recreational activities at the resort are wonderful. We look forward to recommending Windermere House to others and for our return visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.”Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages.Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you.Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Canada - Muskoka District