We stayed 4 nights at the Windemere House the last week of July 2014. The hotel is very well kept up. The rooms very comfortable and clean. We stayed in room 213. We will request a second floor room again (lakeside). It overlooked the lake with a semi private large balcony. It had two lounge chairs as well as two chairs. The only complaint I have about the room would be , the shower water pressure was very poor.
The pub food was great with a good variety of entrees,however The food and drink service everywhere in the hotel was very slow. We were on vacation with no time constraints so we were ok with this but I do think more wait staff is needed.
Breakfast buffet was included with our room. It was just ok. (Wasn't refreshed often)
We did use the canoes with no issues. The marina across the road offered boat tours of the lake. We will for sure take advantage of this service next time. (The more people you get to go on the tour the cheaper the price. ) We also took advantage of the golf course across the street. It was very well kept. I would suggest to make tee times before your arrival.
The 5-6 foot deep saltwater pool was very clean and never over crowed.
The reception room was beautiful with a good size dance floor for a wedding etc.
in the past we have stayed at Deerhurst not far from Windemere House. We really enjoyed the smaller feel and all that Windemere house offered compared to Deerhurst. We will be back to Windemere house next year. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “Lady of the Lake.” Windermere House Resort is an iconic landmark located on prestigious Lake Rosseau in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. The country's oldest hotel, it has welcomed guests for over 140 years. Fine dining, boating, tennis, golf, spa services and five star service make Windermere House a preferred destination. New at Windermere House is The Cottages at Windermere, a private enclave of 6 three bedroom luxury fractional ownership cottages. Experience everything Muskoka has to offer in unsurpassed comfort. Luxuriate in plush pillowtop beds, indulge in sumptuous dining and relax amid plentiful, carefree recreation. We're here to spoil you. Offering family vacations, romantic getaways, golf packages, weddings and conferences facilities, Windermere House resort on Lake Rosseau offers the ideal backdrop for your Muskoka getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Windermere House Resort & Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windermere House Resort And Hotel
- Windermere House Hotel Windermere
- Windermere House Resort & Hotel Canada - Muskoka District