St. Orres
Sea Ranch Lodge(The Sea Ranch)
US$353
US$309
Hotwire.com
Timber Cove Resort(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$295
US$286
Travelocity
Fort Ross Lodge(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$170
Hotwire.com
US$116
US$105
Super 8 Cloverdale(Cloverdale)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$139
US$156
US$140
All reviewsthe cottagesthe main hotelgranolatree houseeach morningsleeping areaone of a kindlarger cabinswall heatermilk and orange juicesmall platesthree bedroomromantic weekendlabor day weekendget awaynice deckegg dishes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I went to St. Ores for our 36th anniversary, we were in Gualala on our honeymoon 36 years ago! It was a great idea but I think the hotel has hit it's peek and gone down hill some years ago. I should have known when I made the reservations the woman on the phone told me to hurry up she was busy, but it was the anniversary thing! First even though I told them about our anniversary and she said she would do something special - nothing not even a happy anniversary. We stayed in one of their "best" cottages and the entire time we stayed we were treated like second class citizens. The location was fantastic view of the ocean, nice deck etc. however you could not really sit and enjoy it because they had these very cheap and extremely uncomfortable chairs straight back wooden even inside - not something to settle into and read or watch the stars which is clearly what was intended. They bring you breakfast - which sounds great however they do not bring coffee - inside was a very old very cheap hotel Mr. Coffee machine with some equally old coffee - really there was lots of dust on the container! It would have been very easy to bring a thermos of coffee. The restaurant was good but service was lacking - they completely screwed up my husbands dinner and by the time they fixed it I was done eating! For the prices they are charging they really need to up the service they provide. I would not stay again even though the location is amazing.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Blue Iris - very romantic location skylight over bed! Mattress so old though had a deep v in the middle took hours of yoga to make our backs feel better. Make sure you shower in the day time no lights in that part of the bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ervjac
Reviewed 30 July 2013

I had eaten at St. Orre's in the past while staying in Gualala and loved the look and feel of the dining room. I don't remember being wowed by the food and remember it as expensive. This review isn't about the restaurant as we didn't eat there this time. Then a friend told me about staying at St. Orre's so I decided to book a cabin for my husband's birthday weekend. I picked the Tree House and please, please, check this out! It was an excellent choice. For the price of a room next to other rooms in town at another well known inn, we got an entire beautiful, private, roomy, quiet cabin. Windows on all 4 sides yet so well designed you saw none of the other rental cabins, just stunning redwood trees! Through the glass in the high ceiling, through all those windows. Very well designed, gorgeous architecture, and simply but beautifully decorated, with a elevated area for sleeping. An amazing Japanese soaking tub with full length window looking again at those trees! There were few other guest on a July weekend, so it was very quiet. A tasty breakfast was discreetly dropped at our front porch with just a knock. The king bed was even comfortable, and the wood burning stove with a constant, large supply of real wood and kindling had us stoking a fire all weekend! We were allowed privacy, quiet, and even though it was cloudy most of the weekend, we didn't mind- reading by that fire with all those trees was heaven! We will go back again and again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Epiphany1953
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Wow, we always spend our anniversary's at Timber Cove Inn, but this year we booked too late to get a suite...so I remember passing St Orres before, and after web searching I was set on The Chantrelle Cottage was epic! Especially since it was off season and we got a deal. I booked it as a surprise, when we pulled up to the cottage(which looks more like a small house) he was shocked, "is that all for us"? As soon as you walk inside your just amazed with the layout of the cottage was gorgeous...and the sauna/jacuzzi tub was well worth the splurge! Not only that, our dinner there at sunset was so romantic & delicious! I could go on and on, but one of my favorites with this place was the breakfast left on our doorstep in a little wooden box...was the BEST breakfast I've had at an inn period...this review is long over due(January) but we're going back hopefully for my birthday next month! Thank you for a exceptional getaway!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alicia P
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Unforgettable experience with very unique E. European cultural settings. It's amazing how much love went to building this B&B. The quality of woodwork is breathtaking! The little onion topped houses are stunning in and out. Located on the water, surrounded by trees and pink flowers called "Naked Ladies" in the summer time!

Restaurant is the best and ready for a gourmet palate.

Hope to be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 121Traveler
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Our kids gave us a gift certificate for 2 nites and dinner at St Orres..My oldest son and wife stayed at ROSE COTTAGE 2 years ago, and they loved the view and the cottage...
The cottage was very, very nice..comfortable bed..beautiful view, comfortable small living area..my only complaint was being i have bad knees, it was hard for me to step over the bathtub for the shower..This cottage is not for older people, who are not very agile..We had dinner at the restaurant, which has a fixed price of $45.00 which includes soup, salad and entree..I ordered filet mignon, and it was delicious, seved with potatoes and assorted vegetables.My husband had the wild boar , and he said it was delicious too...Very gourmet and beautiful presentation...The grounds around our cottage are very nice, to walk around..We did that while waiting for our breakfast which was delivered in a wood box every morning at 8:30am..First morning we had, rice pudding, pumpkin bread, assorted fruits and granola cereal ..Second morning we had eggs, pumpkin bread, and assorted fruits, plus the granola cereal..It was delicious and a very generous portion...We really enjoyed our mini getaway, and would recommend this place to anyone..5 stars..Thank you to the friendly staff...Irene and Vic

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple