“average seafood, great views”

Cove Azul Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 18 Restaurants in Gualala
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: (707) 884-1835
Woodland, California
“average seafood, great views”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

My husband got the seabass and I got the smothered scallops. Neither were great, very bland, tasteless food. The service was good, and views were amazing. The clam chowder was okay, I loved seeing Manchester Oyster Crackers, because we're both from Vermont originally... but when I go out for a seafood dinner, I don't want to exciting thing to be the oyster crackers.

3 Thank Kimberly M

Solana Beach, California
“High price for average food”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

There are not that many options in Gualala / Point Arena, it was this or Bones Roadhouse. Both have nice ocean view eating areas but the entree (salmon) here was well in a word bland!

Sacramento CA Area
“Fish and chips at a great price with a view!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We started out with a very decent cup of clam chowder that was hot, creamy and full of potatoes and clams. The taste was very good. The small house salad with the blue cheese dressing seemed to be freshly made. My favorite part was the Fish and Chips. 5 pieces of lightly battered fish without the familiar "fresh fish" taste so common of many restaurants. The tartar sauce, which I use on the fries, was great. The fries were big pieces well cooked. The second item was our Hot Bay Shrimp Sandwich with cole slaw. It was so good, my wife did not even give me a bite. The tiramisu was a slice of fresh and tasty familiarity not expected in the middle of the north Sonoma coast. The prices were really reasonable and the portions were generous. The service friendly and efficient.

• Visited March 2014
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Best Dining in Gualala”
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

We have dined at Cove Azul several times and are consistently impressed with the experience. The menu and food quality are excellent. Ask servers what is freshest and for general recommendations. We have loved everything there. Fresh grilled snapper is heavenly. Service is excellent. Bar has fine beers, wines, and drinks. The view is also the best in town and perfect for whale watching or sunset.

Be aware: they do get slammed frequently and the wait staff can get overwhelmed. Just relax and enjoy the atmosphere. You will see waiters hustling like crazy and you will be looked after in due course. I'm surprised at people who complain the service isn't fast enough. This isn't Burger King at Times Square! Take a pill! Chill!

Carmel Valley, California
“Complete disappointment!”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

We ate there on Sunday, February 16 th. The place was busy, but completely disorganized. You were told to wait for a table, but no names were taken or list made. Service was terrible! While we waited, one table got up to leave without ordering. The waiters response was "oh well, I can only do so much". Once we were seated, water was provided. We were never asked if we wanted drinks. The food, when it came, was mediocre at best. We will not go back!

Visited February 2014