Surf Motel
Sea Ranch Lodge(The Sea Ranch)
US$353
US$262
Travelocity
Timber Cove Resort(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$275
Travelocity
Fort Ross Lodge(Jenner)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$105
US$99
Super 8 Cloverdale(Cloverdale)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$200
US$195
Travelocity
All reviewswafflesfire pitsausagebiscuitsrooms are smallfaux fireplaceocean viewfree breakfastqueen roomhot breakfastthe managersbluff trailnice breakfastgas stationterrific hostsher husbandwould definitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I arrived in much need of relaxation after a long day motorcycle riding. The room was perfect for my needs and very, very comfortable. Windows could have been washed, but that was a minor thing. In room electric faux fireplace is an afterthought and I never used it. The view from the room was fine, but the best part was the fire pit closer to the water. Ample seating and I was able to get the firewood cheap at the grocery store next door ($10 for a box of hardwood and kindling that lasted me all night). Once I started the fire, it instantly attracted other guests and now you have instant friends, making for great conversations with other travelers. That, coupled with the complementary bottle of wine, made the night very nice. Full breakfast in the morning that was perfect for me.

Room Tip: Make reservations well in advanced to get the best rooms for a view if that is what you want.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We didn't plan to stop in Gualala but after having a long day on the motorcycle, we opted to stop earlier than planned. We stopped at a couple of places to check out the costs. This was the cheapest. We were greeted by Heather who was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was small but more than adequate for what we needed. Nice new hard wood floors. Nice spot to sit outside and watch the sun set. Nice small trail behind the hotel to walk along.Heather recommended the restaurant Bones which was very good as well. We had a nice breakfast before we went on the road and again Heathersent us off with her great smile!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Driving up the coast late at night we were able to get a room at this little gem of an inn. Our room was small but overlooked the ocean which we were able to enjoy in the morning when the fog lifted a bit. The room was super clean with wood floors, faux fireplace to keep warm and a feather bed that was so comfortable I slept well despite my husband's snoring. The owner is really friendly and accommodating. They even had a nice breakfast included of eggs, sausage, and fresh scones that the owner himself makes. If you are in the area, enjoy this lovely inn.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2013

We stayed overnight on our motorcycle ride up the California/Oregon coast. The room was clean, the shower nice and hot and I loved the puffy quilt bed, very comfortable. The lady in reception was very helpful and friendly and recommended a place to eat. The Wifi worked very well here too, as I've found in the larger motels we stayed in the signal is generally much weaker. A very good nights sleep and the breakfast next morning was great as was the outside seating together with the cute little bird that came down and sang for crumbs!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I had never heard of the town of Gualala before, but as I was planning a road trip down the CA coast I didn't want more than 5 hours of driving per day and that put us in Gualala after leaving Eureka.

The motel was very clean and in great shape with a contemporary feel. The room was quiet and comfortable and everything one would expect in a motel and more. Breakfast was pretty darn complete with hot & cold cereal, waffles, yoghurt, toast, muffins, coffee, tea and juice.

I'm not sure when I will be on that part of the coast again but if I make the trip I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple