“Sunday Drive”

Ranked #3 of 19 Restaurants in Gualala
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We took a drive down the coast today and stopped in for lunch. We were greeted by some adorable little dogs and wonderful staff. We had the blue cheese burger cooked to perfection and the wild mushroom ravioli it was wonderful ! The service was great. I know where we are going on our next Sunday drive.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

St. Orres offers a world class menu and enchanting location. It is a high class venue in an area of more casual selections. It is well worth the visit and the price.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had not been to St. Orres for some time, but out previous experiences were outstanding. We were seated promptly and served a small bread loaf, which we tore apart. I was surprised that the bread was stale. Three of us ordered the hot soup, and one ordered the cold. Both were delicious. I found the salad, consisting of cherry tomatoes sliced in half and mozzarella balls, just fine, contrary to another reviewer's opinion. Although there were not many diners, service was slow.

For the main course, three of us ordered the salmon dish, and one ordered the scallops. The presentation of both dishes was excellent, and the scallop dish was very good. However, the salmon was overcooked. It was dry and had lost much of the unique salmon flavor. Perhaps we should have sent it back, but we did not.

The upshot is that, in some respects, St. Orres is excellent; and in others, it is poor. So, I compromised on average. Considering the cost, I would not recommend it.

Reviewed 18 September 2013

St. Orres has a wonderful Sunday brunch. 3 out of 4 of us got the eggs benedict and the 4th got the pancakes. I don't think there was a crumb left on anyone's plate. Beautiful atmosphere, great service and terrific food. A must do if your visit includes a Sunday morning.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Ambiance is wonderful, dinner is expensive but always enjoyable and innovative. My husband and I have been there many times and always look forward to our next visit.