“Nice house; HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Gualala
Serenisea Resort Cottages
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Gualala
sacramento, ca
“Nice house; HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2008

Well just got back and i have to say, the house was nice and clean for the most part, but the customer service was awful!!! we checked in on thursday, i left messages for the manager on fri, sat and sun and no call back, finally i got a hold of him after i was already home, and he was EXTREMELY rude and obnoxious. i was trying to tell him that there should be some sort of notification to customers if the house does not contain an air conditioner, washer/dryer or borders a cemetery!!!! none of these things were disclosed when i made the reservation. it was cool at night, but its creepy leaving your windows open when there's a cemetery RIGHT THERE!!! and it's 80 degrees in the house. Don't rent with this company if you can avoid it. bad bad business practices....

• Liked — the house
  • Disliked — the manager
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
4 Thank bindia72

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
sacramento
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2008

I always contact Serenisea myself. We have used them for the last 5 years and love the properties. Yes the main cottages are too rustic for us so we always stay in the private homes. The White House and Serendipity to be specific. Yes the main office again is very rustic but the homes are fantastic. We usually stay at 4 and 5 star resorts so this is a bargain. We have never had any trouble with any of the properties or the staff. But avoid booking through other agencies as dates can get mixed up.

We have gone as just the 2 of us for romance and relaxation or taken the whole family for my mother's 70 birthday. The sound of the waves and the sunsets are unbelievable and Gualala often has sun when the rest of the coast is fogged in. The info on the websites are not always up to date, for example, the White House does not have a whirlpool tub any longer and sometimes the hot tubs need to be updated. Again, talk to the main staff and they will help you. This is the best deal in the area for a great getaway.

• Liked — Quality homes and great prices
  • Disliked — Having to strip beds and take out garbge
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lyndarf
Pleasant Hill, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2008

Stayed at Serenisea cabin 5 for two nights. Cabin was rustic in a nautical way, but nice and clean. They however could use a new mattress in the master bedroom and the front room tv had issues. It was however a very peaceful stay. Whales were migrating north for the summer and you could see them from the deck witch was great. They allow dogs so we brought ours along as well. Not many rules for dogs. This is not a fancy place, so be prepared just to relax and enjoy.

• Liked — The view and the grounds.
  • Disliked — The bed.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rpperkins1
california
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2008

I must concur with many of the other reviews- the customer service was terrible- rude and unfriendly. There are so many other,better places to stay so don't stay here.

• Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ae2000

Travellers are raving about these Gualala hotels

Pollock Pines, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2007

Upon arrival with my 2 baby boys, husband and in-laws, we were informed the house we picked to stay in (2 months earlier) did not have enough water for all of us to shower, drink, wash dishes, etc... They said that a bath for the kids could use up our water allowance for the day because of broken pipes. We asked why they not contact us earlier about this issue because we would have switched properties. They had no answer. So we asked for the owner and he was very upset we bothered him about this problem. He got very aggressive with my husband to the point I yelled at him to put his hands down...looking like he was going to hit my husband. We had to stay at this property because it was far too late to get a place anywhere else.
The house itself was lovely was a wonderful view at a very good price. But with the hassle and aggressive behavior the owner put us through, we will never stay at any of these properties again.

• Liked — The house had a wonderful view and plenty of rooms. I also brought my dog.
  • Disliked — The owner was a very aggressive mean man. He scared all of us.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
5 Thank lfreiberger
Berlin, Germany
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2007

The main house of this property is nice with a decent view (mainly of the cliff and not the ocean) and deck but it looks to be poorly furnished and it is right next door to another house which is lived in. As for the two smaller cottages - they are horrible! The bedrooms are so small you can barely walk around the bed. They are very small, with an almost unusable kitchen without even the most basic utensils (the spatula had pieces falling off of it as you used it). The main window overlooks the carport and circular driveway which has a basketball hoop, the tiny living rooms have a tiny window from which you can't see the ocean. One of them is right next to yet another lived in run-down house and the run-down office. The steps down to the ocean (no beach) is falling apart and dangerous. To get to the spa you have to walk across the driveway and past the lived in house to get a key and it is a hot tub and not a jacuzzi. You may be tempted as we were to stay there given the price but it is still overpriced for what you get. We left and rented a house in Sea Ranch and paid only a bit more for a huge house with an ocean view and a private deck with a jacuzzi. It was frustrating to be right next to the ocean yet you couldn't enjoy it or even see it. You can find much better houses for rent for just a little bit more money.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
4 Thank philo04
Oakland, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2007

A group of my friends booked a private vacational rental home through Serenisea
to attend a friend's wedding three months in advance. Three days before the
wedding, we happened to look the home up a website and found the day we thought
we'd rented the house for was still available. I called the company and
discovered that they had us coming a day later. I left a message with the
receptionist for the owner asking he call me, which I was told would happen
after 4 pm. The next day at 9 a.m., not having received a phone call, I called
again. The same receptionist answered. I asked to speak with the owner and was
advised he would not be available until Friday (the day we originally planned to
stay in the house). I asked why he hadn't called me back. The receptionist
said she couldn't explain why he hadn't called back but that despite what she'd
told me yesterday, I should have called back again. I explained the dilemma
waiting until Friday to try to resolve this put our group in but the
receptionist was unpersuaded. The receptionist offered to switch us to a
smaller house. I called back an hour later (after having a chance to determine
the distance the smaller house was from the wedding) and asked to switch only a
single day. The receptionist stated that wasn't possible. I told her the
smaller house was too small for the 2nd night but fine for the first night. She
didn't care and stated that I was to blame for the mix up since I had told the
booking agent the wrong date. I assured her that I did not say the wrong date
and told her that I knew I was asking for an accomodation but that it was a
reasonable request. As I was speaking to her, apparently the owner arrived and
the receptionist explained the situation to him but he refused to talk to me. I
was stunned. This should not have been a surprise since they were rude in the
two phone calls we made before the booking trying to get basic information about
the unit.

Bottom line: there aren't many rental agencies up there so you might be stuck
using them but BEWARE. They send a confirmation slip after you make your
booking, which they did in our case. Read it carefully because if it's wrong
there they treat it like gospel and are unwilling to make accomodations. I'd
rather pay three times what they charge than use them again!

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The service and the quality of the house.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with friends
4 Thank zambrana13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gualala
Sea Ranch Lodge
Whale Watch Inn by the Sea
The Wharf Master's Inn
The Wharf Master's Inn
#1 of 2 in Point Arena

Been to Serenisea Resort Cottages? Share your experiences!