“Food was good; Bloody Mary was fantastic”
Review of Bones Roadhouse - CLOSED

Bones Roadhouse
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Fun, kinda rowdy place (even on a Sunday afternoon -- not sure I'd want to hang out here on a Saturday night). My BBQ was pretty good, and the sides (nice cole slaw) were decent too, but what made it a memorable meal was my superlative Bloody Mary.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Bone's Roadhouse provides a fun environment and consistent BBQ with a great view of the Coast in Gualala, Ca. The walls are decorated with random pirate themed signs and pictures, and other random memorabilia that is fun to look at while waiting to place your order or if you want to have a drink at the bar. Full bar I might add, however, me personally, I do not drink much. Staff is friendly. The BBQ is enjoyable. Side dishes were pretty good. I loved the ribs, the pulled pork was descent! Great place for a family I'd you're staying out at the coast. Go have some fun and eat at Bone's!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stopped here for lunch on our way north to Ft. Bragg. My husband, 10 year old daughter, and I ordered the 3 meat entree with smoked turkey, brisket, and sausage. The brisket was delicious, not a lot of rub and some smoky flavor, The beans, cole slaw, and mac and cheese were good too. There was more than enough food for all three of us. The decor of this place is interesting with numerous different state license plates and a wonderful view of the Pacific Ocean. The wait staff was very busy and although 3 different people helped us, the service was adequate.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our first meal here in town and wow, was it good. The restaurant, with the hundreds of dollar bills tacked to the ceiling gave me the feel of a Key West dive. Staff was friendly and attentive. I ate the best bbq beef brisket I have ever eaten, one that creates dreams and desires. Their cole slaw is great too. I also had the pulled pork, very good but not in the same league as the brisket!
A slice of locally baked delectable mixed berry pie ended our feast. Portions are generous. We will return many times to run through their wonderful menu. They also have great ocean views.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Restaurant was empty when we showed up but had about a dozen people by the time we left. There were flies flying all around before, during and after dinner. Not a whole lot of places to eat here so felt like we had to hang in there. Food was much better than we were expecting. Service was fairly quick and the price was good but probably wouldn't go back.