“Nice weekend getaway”
Review of boon hotel & spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guerneville
boon hotel & spa
Ranked #8 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Mountain View, California
“Nice weekend getaway”
Reviewed 28 March 2009

My fiance and I decided on a last minute weekend getaway from the city. We wanted something nice and relaxing, which allowed dogs, but wouldn't break the bank. We found Boon hotel and decided to reserve a room. We arrived late on a Friday night and were shown to our room. I was amazed at the thoughtfulness. We had a welcome gift, including a treat for our dog. The room itself is simple, yet elegant. It is a very tiny room, but it is nicely redone. They took what was probably a run-down 50s style lodge and turned it into something wonderful. The interior exuded peace and tranquility, with the garden like setting, surrounded by redwoods. The owners provided us with great continental breakfast and strong coffee each day. This served as the perfect start to a day of wine tasting.

I wouldn't ever confuse this hotel with a Four Seasons style luxury experience. However, it was very rustic-chic. It did exceed our expectations and we felt rejuvenated after 2 nights. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My bf and I unexpectedly got a free weekend and instead of making the 3 hour drive to slushy, end-of -the-season snow, we make reservations the morning of and traveled a mere 1 hour and 45 min to Guernville. The rooms were impeccable, and as a reviewer said earlier, the thought to detail does not go unnoticed. We appreciated the clean lines of the rooms and the minimalist style of the furniture and agreed that it gave us the luxury to pay more attention to eachther. If you have the option, the fireplaces in the some of the rooms are another sexy feature. Boon has easily become our new go-to for a quick trip away from the stress of the city.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dKim82
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I am finally writing our review of one of our favorite places. After our wedding, my wife and I decided to defer the "big deal" honeymoon and just relax after the wedding, which was in Guerneville.

Because of Boon, that was a perfect decision. After we said our last goodbyes to our guests (eating at the excellent Stumptown), we rolled in and collapsed. Sue handed us a Boon cocktail and the whole week was just what we needed.

Krysta and Jill are both awesome. The place is stylish but not overdone. The taste, thoughtfulness, and vibe are dead on. It's a perfect mix of friendliness and respect for your space. I don't think I've ever met any other people who do hospitality so... right.

An example, and the reason I finally remembered to get on here and write my first TripAdvisor review:

Sue called me a couple weeks ago and asked what we were doing for Valentine's day - that's all I needed. I reserved us a spot. Tonight I got an email from Sue asking if I needed a dinner reservation, saving our butts for Valentine's day (it would have been Safeway dinner for us). Who remembers to do that? Who, especially, at a place that isn't ridiculously priced and overdone?

We love you Boon. I am worried about leaving too perfect a review because I don't want people to be disappointed. Nonetheless, I can't help it - Boon rocks.

• Liked — The owners - Sue, Jill, and Krysta
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Echoing the comments of those before me...what a wonderful visit! Krista could not have been more helpful, offering coupons and mapping out local wineries. The hotel also had a nice selection of board games. It was nice to have a light breakfast delivered to the room. While minimalist, there was something very homey about the room. It was too cold to take advantage of the pool, but the hot tub was inviting. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer pet-friendly location by the Russian River.

• Liked — the hospitality of the owners, convenience
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 13 January 2009

It's been six months since we spent a long weekend at boon. Since then we've stayed in 11 different hotels in various places around the continent and as we were planning where to go in 2009, boon hotel+spa made the short list. It was one of only two places we've placed a priority on returning to this year.

All of the great reviews are accurate and we agree so I won't repeat what's been written many times before. I will reiterate though, what great hosts the owners are to all guests. They make some great cocktails, perfect coffee, and are very generous with their knowledge of the area. They even helped us get reservations in a solidly booked SFO restaurant that we had tried to secure for weeks. We wanted a low-key relaxing weekend and from the minute we walked through the arbor, our desire came true. The only thing we would change is to have had a shower big enough for two in our room, but the fireplace made up for it.

We were there during the Russian River Blues Festival which takes place on the river bank. We highly recommend the Fest, and highly recommend boon hotel+spa.

• Liked — The staff/owners and simple gracefulness of the place
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
los angeles
Reviewed 3 December 2008

We took two rooms at Boon in October. They were reasonably priced; that's why we chose Guerneville, not Healdsburg. The Spa at boon is a room where they give massages.
The rooms are minimalist. A rug on the floor by the bed would have nice as would a hook for the bathrobes they provided. Our room had a view of outbuildings and empty yards of neighboring properties, from our deck, which was nice. There was a little bar sink, a fridge and a fireplace. Shower in the tiny bathroom, no tub. Our sons room had a futon in the living area and a queen bed in an alcove. Lots of Ikea style decor, very clean, The activity around the pool at happy hour is a real draw. Lots of guests brought their wine out and the owners come by everybody's table and chat with you. The place is called Boon as that is the name of their dog. It seems like guest pets were welcome too. Gurneville is in the sticks; the town has a great thrift/antique shop and some funky restaurants and a grocery store. Lots of aging hippies and gays. In fact, I think Boon is billed as a gay resort. The whole community has a very laid back, low key vibe. Completely different from Healdsburg.

My biggest complaint was that I left my watch (a Rolex) behind and when I was 40 miles down the road, heading for the airport, I called and left a message asking them to keep it for me. I later called back and was told the watch had not been found.

• Liked — Lots of space, nice pool area
  • Disliked — spotty phone and TV/internet service, no rugs on floor
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
san francisco, ca
Reviewed 29 November 2008

My boyfriend and I wanted to get away from the city and we were so impressed with our stay at Boon. The room are impeccably clean and such attention to detail! Plush comfortable bed with quality linens, bathrobes, complimentary french press coffee and the most attentive hosts. Krista and Jill were so accomodating. The grounds are beautifully maintained. Highly recommended!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank juliajeesoo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Farmhouse Inn
#4 of 13 in Guerneville
Fern Grove Cottages
Fern Grove Cottages
#2 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to boon hotel & spa? Share your experiences!