“Home Away from Home”
Review of boon hotel & spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guerneville
boon hotel & spa
Ranked #8 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 24 May 2009

My boyfriend and I stayed here for one night with 2 other couples and we absolutely loved it. From the minute we arrived the owners treated us as though we were family and had been waiting all day for us. We met several other guests at the pool and within an hour we we knew everyone's name and felt like we were all old friends. We were having so much fun with everyone we skipped our dinner plans and had food delivered to the pool. The rooms were fantastic- super clean and the decor is simple and very cute. The bed was unbelievably comfortable. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed September 2008, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Sacramento, CA
Reviewed 17 May 2009

My friends, dog, and I stayed here for a week and felt pampered, but without pretension. Sue the weekday innkeeper was so accommodating and friendly, and everything was superclean and supercute. Great place for dogs. No phones in the rooms, candles all around the property in the evening. Just a relaxing, homey, yet luxurious retreat. Loved it...can't wait to visit again.

Only negatives: the area behind the hotel smelled of natural gas and the dog got ticks...so be prepared!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2009

Pretty much agreed with all of the rest of the reviews on here - a great retreat and ideal location. Very friendly people and really make you feel welcome. Make sure you take their bikes upto the Armstrong woods which we did every morning - a really amazing bike ride upto and through the woods! The resort was very quiet when we went so was ideal for a complete get-away. We could not decide whether to book Russian River Resort or Boon before we went so went to spend an afternoon at the RRR (gay complex) which was much busier and I guess ok if you are after some eye-candy. Nevertheless did not regret opting for Boon. They are in the process of opening a restaurant on the high street which is a bonus as there is not much choice in town!
I guess my only complaint was breakfast on our 1st day was just a bagel and coffee and we were starving - got better the next day though!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 28 March 2009

My fiance and I decided on a last minute weekend getaway from the city. We wanted something nice and relaxing, which allowed dogs, but wouldn't break the bank. We found Boon hotel and decided to reserve a room. We arrived late on a Friday night and were shown to our room. I was amazed at the thoughtfulness. We had a welcome gift, including a treat for our dog. The room itself is simple, yet elegant. It is a very tiny room, but it is nicely redone. They took what was probably a run-down 50s style lodge and turned it into something wonderful. The interior exuded peace and tranquility, with the garden like setting, surrounded by redwoods. The owners provided us with great continental breakfast and strong coffee each day. This served as the perfect start to a day of wine tasting.

I wouldn't ever confuse this hotel with a Four Seasons style luxury experience. However, it was very rustic-chic. It did exceed our expectations and we felt rejuvenated after 2 nights. We'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My bf and I unexpectedly got a free weekend and instead of making the 3 hour drive to slushy, end-of -the-season snow, we make reservations the morning of and traveled a mere 1 hour and 45 min to Guernville. The rooms were impeccable, and as a reviewer said earlier, the thought to detail does not go unnoticed. We appreciated the clean lines of the rooms and the minimalist style of the furniture and agreed that it gave us the luxury to pay more attention to eachther. If you have the option, the fireplaces in the some of the rooms are another sexy feature. Boon has easily become our new go-to for a quick trip away from the stress of the city.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dKim82
Oakland, CA
Reviewed 10 February 2009

I am finally writing our review of one of our favorite places. After our wedding, my wife and I decided to defer the "big deal" honeymoon and just relax after the wedding, which was in Guerneville.

Because of Boon, that was a perfect decision. After we said our last goodbyes to our guests (eating at the excellent Stumptown), we rolled in and collapsed. Sue handed us a Boon cocktail and the whole week was just what we needed.

Krysta and Jill are both awesome. The place is stylish but not overdone. The taste, thoughtfulness, and vibe are dead on. It's a perfect mix of friendliness and respect for your space. I don't think I've ever met any other people who do hospitality so... right.

An example, and the reason I finally remembered to get on here and write my first TripAdvisor review:

Sue called me a couple weeks ago and asked what we were doing for Valentine's day - that's all I needed. I reserved us a spot. Tonight I got an email from Sue asking if I needed a dinner reservation, saving our butts for Valentine's day (it would have been Safeway dinner for us). Who remembers to do that? Who, especially, at a place that isn't ridiculously priced and overdone?

We love you Boon. I am worried about leaving too perfect a review because I don't want people to be disappointed. Nonetheless, I can't help it - Boon rocks.

• Liked — The owners - Sue, Jill, and Krysta
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 20 January 2009

Echoing the comments of those before me...what a wonderful visit! Krista could not have been more helpful, offering coupons and mapping out local wineries. The hotel also had a nice selection of board games. It was nice to have a light breakfast delivered to the room. While minimalist, there was something very homey about the room. It was too cold to take advantage of the pool, but the hot tub was inviting. You'd be hard pressed to find a nicer pet-friendly location by the Russian River.

• Liked — the hospitality of the owners, convenience
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Farmhouse Inn
#4 of 13 in Guerneville
Fern Grove Cottages
Fern Grove Cottages
#2 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to boon hotel & spa? Share your experiences!