“Wonderful, rainy honeymoon”
Review of boon hotel & spa

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Guerneville
boon hotel & spa
Ranked #8 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Nijmegen
“Wonderful, rainy honeymoon”
Reviewed 26 November 2009

When we arrived at Boon, it started raining and it did not stop until we left. Even so we had a great time at Boon. Jill made us feel like special guests from the moment when we arrived (loved the breakfast delivered to your room), we sat around the fire place, had a good wine and went for dinner at the Boon restaurant where they served delicious food. There are not many hotels that can make guests feel happy despite so much rain.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
sacramento ca
Reviewed 22 November 2009

Wonderful sanctuary nestled in the Giant Redwoods. Relaxed and Fresh. Only place to stay in Guerneville.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
anthonyschipper
Reviewed 8 November 2009

My wife and I needed a weekend away and we hopped on Trip Advisor. After a little exploration we came upon Boon Hotel. A quick phone call to Jill and we were set up. She was so friendly and nice, I told my wife I thought we should have a drink with her when we got up to Guerneville.
The rooms are simple and cute. We had everything we needed and the staff (Sue) is excellent. We decided to have dinner at the Hotel's restaurant 'Boon eat + drink' in town. The food was great! Rustic food and a neat atmosphere.
Guernville is a cute quaint town. Castro north if you know what I mean. Love the spot and love Boon.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank anthonyschipper
napa
Reviewed 26 October 2009

Great service and attention to your needs. Simple, relaxing and fun. My wife and I really enjoyed staying here. Sat out by the pool reading magazines and snacking on food we picked up along the way. Had a great swedish massage that almost put me to sleep!
We had dinner at Boon eat + drink - the food was fantastic - very flavorful.
Rooms were simple and functional. loved the fireplace. Bed very comfortable.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 24 August 2009

My wife and I stayed here for the weekend and had a very relaxing time. Each staff member was polite and helpful (including Boon, the dog). The free WIFI worked perfectly. The location was ideal to explore the redwoods and downtown. We enjoyed the IKEA look of the rooms and common areas.

The pool and hottub were our favorites parts of the stay.

My only complaint (preventing 5 stars) was the size of the shower. I kept banging my elbow. I could only imagine what a person over 6 foot tall would experience in that shower.

In all, we had a pleasant stay at Boon.

1 Thank SeaJonathan
San Francisco
Reviewed 24 August 2009

Boon is the best in Guerneville. I would have given it 4.5 stars but TripAdvisor can't do half stars.

I fell in love with this place starting with the website. Good marketing goes a long way. It's tucked away from the main street of Guerneville and is close to the hills and big redwoods. Cottages are cute and all centered around the pool and jacuzzi. Everything is modern and simple. Not overdone. Our bed was plush and very comfortable. They are big on eco-friendly products as well. Our room was spacious and if you go during the winter, they have a fireplace. Our room had a patio in the back too, but we spent most of our time at the pool. The only deduction I gave was on the size of the shower in the bathroom. It was teeny tiny and my husband kept banging his elbows on the knobs and hanging basket holding the soap. It also would have been nice to have a table or stand to put our suitcase on rather than everything having to go on the floor. I guess that's what happens with simple design sometimes.The other partial deduction would probably be the noise. Which wasn't horrible but the first night we slept with our sliding door open for the breeze and the people in the jacuzzi kind of were noisy. But they do offer ear plugs in each room and the people quieted down at a reasonable hour. It was better the second night.

They serve a light breakfast in the mornings by the pool. Coffee, OJ, teas...One morning it was baked goods and fruit. Another morning bagels and all the fixings.

The owners (mother/daughter team) are so welcoming and accommodating. Boon, the namesake dog, does his job being adorable, but definitely has his priorities set on his frisbee.

I would highly recommend a stay here. It's a great value and relaxing getaway. And they're dog-friendly!

1 Thank hapasf
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2009

Boon is a fantastic find -- we are very picky travellers but recommend this without reservation. The visual design is great - it's a mix of zen, Redwood Forest and modernity without attitude. The rooms are spiffy new (our bathroom was fine though a bit under the standard of the room over all in fit & finish). Pool and breakfast great, massages well done and the owners are gems! Only downside is that it's on a noisy road, but it quiets at night. Ask for a room away from the main road if this might bother you. Great, great, great.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Farmhouse Inn
#4 of 13 in Guerneville
Fern Grove Cottages
Fern Grove Cottages
#2 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to boon hotel & spa? Share your experiences!