Booked the Osmosis Spa package for an over night stay at the inn and did the spa the next day. We arrived early before 3 pm and checked in at the reception office. We were greeted with warm smiles by 2 ladies and were told our room wasn't ready. The young lady briefed us on the inn info and showed us around the main building. We were offered wine by Randi while we are waiting to be checked in, confirming our dinner reservation that night at the restaurant located in the premise. They also gave us the wine tour pass but we didn't use it since we are only staying overnight. We brought lunch and headed beside the pool and table underneath the tree was a perfect setting to eat our food. Randi came over and told us our room is ready. Our room was big and spacious with a private garden with jet tub and another jet tub inside our room. We love the room except for taking a shower. You have to hold the hand held shower and water was flowing all over the floor and the side of the tub. I think they need to re-design and fix this issue. The room carpet is new. Use the outside Jacuzzi which was very nice to see the stars at night time. The food at the restaurant was very good but service needs a little bit more attention on check back. The next morning breakfast was a bit chaotic and service was uneven. I believe they were short staff that day. Our food server was running everywhere. The dessert like pie pancake was dry as well as the scrambled egg was way done with the salmon and slices of avocado. The WIFI is spotty in some area. Checkout time we had to be out of there by 12 noon, prior to that our reservation say that we can do a late checkout of 12:30 pm and pick our picnic bag with all the lovely yummy delight. We waited for about 15 minutes to get our picnic bag ready for us. There seem to be some disorganization in the front office when we are there in the reception office during check in/out. We can hear the owner Sylvia discussing issue with her staff of business functions that should have been taken in a private office not in the waiting area which was a turn off that leaves an impression they couldn't get act together. She was the one who told her staff that we can’t stay pass 12 noon by her head gesture of NO and she didn’t smile or acknowledge us while walking in front of us. I would have given them 5 stars if I didn't hear and see what I observed in the main reception area. Kudos to Randi for being so sweet and very helpful during our stay, a smile could make or break someone day!! It a service industry it doesn’t hurt to “SMILE”.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA