We were almost put off by the last two recent reviews, which were quite negative, but the local tourist board said that they were getting more compliments since the new management took over, so we drove out there and booked two rooms. From the time we saw their welcoming sign on the highway until we checked out, we could not have been more pleased. The room, while small, was charming and immaculate and had access to a patio. The amenity kit was much better than most hotels in this price range. I slept better than I have in any hotel for ages. Finally, the crepes and fritatas at breakfast were an original touch and perfectly prepared. Unfortunately, we could not have dinner there as it was out of season, but their Michelin star must count for something. I doubt there is any hotel, inn, or other establishment that comes close and it is worth the extra dollars for the quality. (Note: there were no children in our group.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Mediterranean villa in the heart of the Russian River wine appellation, home to some of the world's best Pinot Noir & Chardonnay grapes.The inn offers deluxe accommodations beneath the Redwoods. Pool, Hot-tub, Massage, Picnic Baskets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Applewood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applewood Hotel Guerneville
- Applewood Inn Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA