A group of my girlfriends and I stayed at Dawn Ranch recently, we stayed in the two room cabin at the very end of the property. The room smelled musty and was nothing to write home about. Which I thought was rather sad because from outside it looks so cute and charming. The bathroom was the culprit for the musty smell, the shower curtain didn't cover the entrance to the shower and the whole room was covered in water after even the shortest of showers. There are no hair dryers in the room you need to ask at the main office if you want one or forgot yours. They do give you small soaps and shampoos. There is no coffee pot, which was a major downside to the cabin. The restaurant on the property is rather over priced for what it is. The bar makes decent drinks but is not opened till I believe 4 or 5 which was a downside when you are wanting to lounge by the pool with drinks or snacks. the pool is really nice with comfy chair - it was an old cool streak when we were there and the pool was rather cold.
The property itself is really cute and the lights they have hanging between the cabins have a really romantic feel but the cabins themselves are dingy and old. I wouldn't say they were dirty, but they were not updated by any means. We also thought the "river access" was laughable it is nothing more than what looks like a goat path down a hill to a small space that would hold one chair. Not really even worth the walk down the hill. If anything it made matters worse because you can see other resorts/hotels that look newer and more updated with better beach access. Another real bummer for me was that their is poor cellular service as well as poor Internet access, some people like to travel and unplug, but I found this to be stressful to keep in contact with my family back home. I would urge people to look for another place to stay as this place seems to have passed its prime.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled riverside in Sonoma's wine rich Russian River Valley, Dawn Ranch Resort is a virtual natural preserve. Sited on 15 lush acres of ancient giant Redwoods, vintage apple trees, native meadows and our own kitchen garden; this Sonoma Wine Country oasis is a precious escape. Historic, simple renovated for comfort 1905 cabins and cottages cluster about the landscape but leave ample room to wander peacefully amid nature. Amenities include a complimentary continental breakfast, pool and seasonal pool bar, popular and well reviewed onsite restaurant Agriculture Public House. In room guests will find super comfy beds and linens, baths with showers, Aveda amenities, fire stoves to warm the cool mornings and wherever possible outdoor seating to enjoy the pristine setting. Dog friendly cabins are available. For the health of all our guests Dawn Ranch Resort is a non smoking property. Due to the historic nature of the property and cabins, we are an unplugged retreat with no in room TV or phones. Wifi works in some cabins and in the common areas. Canoeing, kayaking, hiking, world class wine tasting and lovely country roads await. Come relax with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dawn Ranch Lodge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dawn Ranch Hotel Guerneville
- Dawn Ranch Lodge Resort Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA