we were in sonoma from chicago last weekend staying at the dawn ranch...the room was okay but definitely not worth the $350 per night cost. the path to our cottage was so poorly lit that you couldn't see in front of your face at night...bring a flashlight if you're in the back.
re: the roadhouse restaurant. we were looking forward to dining at this restaurant. they were out of the fish special they were advertising on the specials menu so our non-meat eating folks were stuck with shrimp or nothing. i ordered the steak special (medium) and it came out cold and rare...i sent it back when the waiter finally came back to the table (10 minutes later)...they took the same steak, threw it back on the grill, and cooked it a bit more. very poor.
the chef came out to check on us...we told him there was a problem with the steak...he sent out some desserts to apologize....but then when i checked my credit card statement, i was double charged for the meal and now have to dispute the charge with the restaurant or credit card company.
won't be going back the next time we're in the area...atmosphere is great at the restaurant, food and service is very disappointing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled riverside in Sonoma's wine rich Russian River Valley, Dawn Ranch Resort is a virtual natural preserve. Sited on 15 lush acres of ancient giant Redwoods, vintage apple trees, native meadows and our own kitchen garden; this Sonoma Wine Country oasis is a precious escape. Historic, simple renovated for comfort 1905 cabins and cottages cluster about the landscape but leave ample room to wander peacefully amid nature. Amenities include a complimentary continental breakfast, pool and seasonal pool bar, popular and well reviewed onsite restaurant Agriculture Public House. In room guests will find super comfy beds and linens, baths with showers, Aveda amenities, fire stoves to warm the cool mornings and wherever possible outdoor seating to enjoy the pristine setting. Dog friendly cabins are available. For the health of all our guests Dawn Ranch Resort is a non smoking property. Due to the historic nature of the property and cabins, we are an unplugged retreat with no in room TV or phones. Wifi works in some cabins and in the common areas. Canoeing, kayaking, hiking, world class wine tasting and lovely country roads await. Come relax with us. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Dawn Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dawn Ranch Hotel Guerneville
- Dawn Ranch Resort Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA