We and another couple stayed in the 2 bdrm cottage (#7) and it was simply perfect...very clean, spacious, comfortable, and nicely decorated (I loved the colors and added touch of wood over the windows)...we slept on bedding that was so comfortable that my husband and I agreed we are getting the same pillows, comforter, etc for our bed at home. The owners are very warm, caring people who take the extra effort to make sure your stay is pleasant and relaxing...we were greeted w/ smiles and during the free wine tasting and appetizers bet 5-7pm we chatted with Ted the owner and his sister who both are really friendly and down to earth people. Even Ted's cat Frank was so friendly that came over to us and just fell asleep on our friend's lap and didn't want to leave...lol...and when Ted came to get him the cat seemed annoyed....like he was actually enjoying our company. When we arrived back late from dinner and missed the s'mores Deeann was more than gracious to relight the campfire and bring out the s'mores fixings again...we were then join by other guests and everyone had a good time indulging in those delicious s'mores. The Cottages are in a great location...nearby to bars/restaurants like the Rio Nido Roadhouse which offers great food and music, Armstrong State Park where we walked along the trails of the majestic redwoods, and Korbel Champagne Cellars which is just down the road where we ate lunch at their fabulous deli and sipped on champagnes. My friends and I are already planning our next stay here and hoping to bring more couples to enjoy the beautiful garden setting and wonderful atmosphere the Cottages on River Road offers!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We offer our guests the chance to escape the ordinary and experience a unique hotel in a diverse and breathtaking destination. Whether it is canoeing on the river, biking the backroads, touring a world class winery, hiking the redwood forests or strolling along the beaches of Bodega Bay, you will return each evening to enjoy s’mores under a sky full of stars at Cottages on River Road. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Cottages on River Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cottages On River Road Hotel Guerneville
- Cottages On River Road Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA