I am extremely happy with my choice to stay at The West Sonoma Inn. We stayed for five nights in one of the Inn’s Vineyard Cottage Suites that overlook the adjacent vineyards with a spectacular mountain view in the background. It was very relaxing to watch the morning and evening sun from the private deck which also has a wonderful two person hot tub. Our room was spacious, nicely updated, clean and well maintained with a small kitchen sink, microwave and fridge. The Inn is located on the edge of downtown Guerneville and is a very short walk to a dozen or so restaurants and cafes. The other lodging options we considered would not have been walkable to town. On weekends the Inn provides a very nice continental breakfast in the lobby area. There are outdoor seating areas under tall redwoods and a few small outdoor fire pits available for use in the evening. The pool is also a very nice amenity.
Our favorite restaurants during our stay were Boon eat + drink (lunch or dinner), Big Bottom Market (sandwiches) and Coffee Bazaar (coffee or breakfast) We also really enjoyed Stumptown Brewery which is a short drive away. On the more casual end of the spectrum definitely consider the taco truck parked at the end of the local grocery store parking lot. We also visited Armstrong Woods and Korbel Vineyards both of which are only minutes away. Further afield we found John Tyler and VML Vineyards in the Dry Creek Valley to be nice finds while the highlight of our trip was a dinner at Farmhouse Inn Restaurant.
All in all a great experience and very happy to have stayed at the Inn. Here is a link to nice review of the Guerneville area that was recently published in The New York Times travel section: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/17/travel/free-spirits-in-a-sonoma-hamlet.html
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Russian River Valley, the cozy yet posh West Sonoma Inn & Spa is superbly situated on 6 acres of sun-splashed grounds featuring soaring redwoods, shaded lawns, vineyard views and pool. Our rooms and suites feature plush beds, crisp white linens, Italian tile bathrooms and wet bars or mini kitchens. Most of our units have fireplaces, many have private decks and valley views, some have private two-person hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your West Sonoma Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Sonoma Inn And Spa
- West Sonoma Hotel Guerneville
- West Sonoma Inn & Spa Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA