I just got back from a one night stay at West Sonoma Inn. Like many other reviewers here, I was overall happy with my stay.
The good: reasonably priced for what you get. Good location if you like being near town but not having to hear much noise. This would be a good place for a large family or group. Rooms are clean and spacious. We were traveling with our 19 month old daughter; the little sitting room made a perfect place to put her travel crib. She slept soundly, and in earshot, while hubby and I relaxed and had a glass of wine on the little patio. Fairly nice pool. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Beautiful reception area - I thought I had read there was a manager's reception (don't know what that is, but thought I read it somewhere). I didn't ask the staff, but found no mention of it in the hotel binder.
I won't use the word bad, because mostly everything was good if not great, but I'll say here are some areas where the inn could improve a bit.
It's all about the details for me, so little things add up. I had to call three separate times to find out if they had a crib or pack and play for my daughter to sleep in. Finally, they admitted they couldn't find it. It was a pain to have to pack ours, so I wish that they had one for us. No hot water in the mini bar area, which made washing dishes hard. Somewhat sparse decor.This is fine for a chain type of hotel, but in an Inn-clogged kind of place like Russian River, you want to stand out. Times are tough, I realize but better coffee for the continental breakfast would be appreciated. It's fine to put that hotel stuff in the rooms, but I like real strong coffee and expect it at a place like this.
That's about it. I would say this would be a great place for a girls weekend, quick family getaway, etc. Within walking distance to the river and town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Russian River Valley, the stylish, newly renovated West Sonoma Inn & Spa is superbly situated on acres of sun-splashed grounds featuring soaring redwoods, shaded lawns, vineyard views and pool. Our rooms and suites feature plush beds, crisp white linens, Italian tile bathrooms and wet bars or mini kitchens. Most of our units have fireplaces, many have private decks and valley views, some have private two-person hot tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your West Sonoma Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- West Sonoma Inn And Spa
- West Sonoma Hotel Guerneville
- West Sonoma Inn & Spa Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA