“BEAUTIFUL EVEN IN THE OFF SEASON”

West Sonoma Inn & Spa
Ranked #7 of 13 Guerneville B&B and Inns
Livermore, California
“BEAUTIFUL EVEN IN THE OFF SEASON”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We had purchased a deal on GROUPON for (2)nights around Valentines Day (our anniversary). We love Guerneville so we were excited about the trip, even though it was in the off season. They were so friendly on the phone when I made our reservations, as were the employees we met. We stayed in one of the Redwood Cottages, with a Plush King bed in a separate bedroom with a private wraparound deck. It's not fancy but it was a quiet cottage and very clean. Having the kitchen was very helpful for fixing snacks and our morning coffee. We enjoyed eating in the restaurants in town...our favorites were Big Bottom Market, Chef Patrick's, and the Garden Grill. We tried something NEW that we had never experienced....Craniosacral Therapy by Oksana Yufa. We weren't exactly sure what to expect, so we googled it and watched a few You Tubes about the Craniosacral therapy. It was something I never will forget...it was so amazing, even hard to put into words...it was relaxing and a healing treatment. I highly recommend getting one of her treatments...I even think we may drive up there just to get another craniosacral treatment. It was a little chilly being that it was February. But when the sun came out, we just loved being on the deck and taking in the view of the redwood trees and the birds singing...just a slice of heaven. That inspired us to drive a short distance to the Armstrong Redwood Park. Beautiful !! We found a very easy, flat trail through the woods and just really enjoyed that.
All in all, we had a great couple of days

Room Tip: We loved the Redwood Cottage. Quiet deck looking unto the redwood trees.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Grammy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Macedonia, OH
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Nice, clean, spacious rooms. Enjoyed the cozy fireplace. I was excited for our deck, but it was just a tiny thing facing the parking/entrance so that was a bit sad. Wifi and cell service is horrendous. No breakfast, but thank God for that because my favorite part of our trip was the muffins at Big Bottom Market (in walking distance). Eat at Boon while you're there too. And FYI our favorite winery on this trip was VML. I'd stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ktpylyp2
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Hot Tub in the Rain, Fireplace, Amazing Views, Short walk to Safeway Kitchen to prepare everything and only 1.5 hour drive from the city. Never left the room. West Sonoma never disappoints.
Thanks again!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John B
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Just been for the most wonderful massage courtesy of the fabulous Janie at this lovely spa in the beautiful West Sonoma Inn and Spa. If you're in the Guerneville area of California I can't think of a better way to spend a couple of hours! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Moiraf624
Malibu, CA
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had a travelzoo special for 2 nights and drove from LA for brief getaway. We arrive late in the evening, but the Inn accommodated us by having an envelope taped to the entrance (it is a small secluded location). The Inn is in a quiet neighborhood, adjacent to the village and easy walk to a 24 hr.Safeway (with Starbucks inside). The room was simple, but had a small kitchenette, fireplace (thermostatically controlled!) and a very comfortable bed. We did not use pool or spa, but they are on site. We would come here again given combination of quality and value...only drawback for us is it is 9-10 hours away.

Room Tip: some rooms face a vineyard, which would be nice, but can't complain since I had a deal.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimboMalibu_CA
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 1 December 2013

For a birthday trip, we booked a Sonoma retreat. We didn't connect West Sonoma as being Sonoma County rather than Sonoma the city. It was a bit of a drive to the most popular wine tasting sites, but our location turned out to be a gem. We had a small cabin as I brought my little dog. This resort is pet friendly. It was spacious and quiet with a separate bed room and king sized bed. The staff could not have been more helpful or pleasant. If you stay here, make sure you dine at Boon, recently praised in Sunset magazine. Also the drive to Bodega Bay thru the redwoods is only 20 minutes. Additionally, the drive up Westside Rd to Healdsburg was beautiful as the grapes were just turning Fall colors. There are many local wineries, some well known, in the area and passes are offered for wine tasting with your resort package. The Russian River runs thru Guerneville and looks to be a fun Summer spot as well. We had a wonderful trip.

Room Tip: If you can reserve a cabin, you will be near a small vineyard which is a beautiful place to enjoy mo...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Dedi S
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 18 October 2013

My wife and I visited the West Sonoma Inn for a wedding in September. I booked my room by phone and was pleased with the process. I realized after booking that they required prior arrangements for late checkins. Knowing that we would not make it to the resort to around10 on the night of checkin I emailed the resort to let them know. Unfortunately I did not receive a response back. While waiting for my plane I called the resort, there was no answer, so I left a message. No one from the Hotel responded to this either. We were happy to find our key in an envelope outside the lobby when we arrived but were nervous as we drove up since no one had responded to us.

Our first impression of the room was positive. It had plenty of space and a mini fridge which was convenient. The room was quite cold so I turned the thermostat up. When we woke up in the morning the room was 60 degrees. We stopped by the lobby to let them know. Their first question to us was are you staying another night. Since there was a 3 night minimum I was confused by the question. They did fix the issue but did not even offer an apology.

While visiting we had lunch at Korbell which was fantastic. They gave a very nice wine tasting and the food was very good. Their was about a 30 minute wait to order food and this was after 1 in the afternoon on a Friday so I imagine the weekends could be much worse. We also hiked about 6 miles through the red wood forest. This was a great experience.

Our overall experience was positive but this had more to do with the location that the hotel itself. The location is fantastic. You can walk to anything in town and Korbell and the Red Wood Forest and both very short drives. We enjoyed the town very much. One word of caution is be prepared to pay cash for most things in town. Most places will not accept credit cards.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bob878G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Guerneville
Bodega Bay Lodge
#5 of 13 in Guerneville
Fern Grove Cottages
Fern Grove Cottages
#1 of 13 in Guerneville

Been to West Sonoma Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!