We were in town for the Russian River Jazz festival, we had our reservations made a few months in advance... But on the day of the festival I realized we will not be able to check in until after the show and maybe grab a quick dinner before check in, so I emailed in the morning to see if a 7pm check in would be ok. I promptly received an email back with directions to guide us on what to do that it wouldn't be a problem... We arrived before 7 and the door was locked and a smiling, soon to find out Brian, was rushing down the driveway to greet us
" it's not 7 yet" ... I let him know we decided to get here as early as we could after the show and do dinner after instead of keeping them waiting... He brought us in what seemed like "his home", you walk in to the great room, just beautifully decorated. There is a shared refrigerator stocked with water, juices, coffee, stemware for your wine and the best thing.... Fresh baked cookies!!! Yum! We stayed in the laurel suite in the main house and just loved it. It has a seperate sitting room. Again all decorated to perfection. Then Brian proceeds to give us all the details on where to eat from casual dining to white table cloth dining, from local to just a little bit of a drive. He was in no rush, had a book of menus with little maps to give all the details, you wouldn't think it was almost 7 pm and he had been doing this all day! I could go on and on but sleeping that night was great... Comfy bed, and sheets and Dana's breakfast the next morning, well 2 mornings for us, was just absolutely heavenly!! Eggs from their own chickens, which are the cutest things too!! We just loved everything about our stay!! Location is perfect too!! Brian will guide you on wineries to visit too!!
Thank you both again, we will be back soon!! Mo and Jeff from Placerville
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonoma Orchid Inn - it's all about location, stylish comfort and convenience. Exit the urban scene for an escape to the country. The redwoods rise, the vineyards yield fog-kissed premier Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, the coast beckons, and the scenery ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sonoma Orchid Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonoma Orchid Hotel Guerneville
- Sonoma Orchid Inn Guerneville, Sonoma County, CA