“Good food and nice staff”

Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We had breakfast at this hotel. VERY nice staff and good service. All entrees were excellent great omelette, pancakes and French toast. Food was fresh and delicious.

The hotel facilities look very nice and would definitely consider staying here in future.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank GEFromNH
There are newer reviews for Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay

Reviewed 19 August 2014

This is a great hotel right across the street from the Harbor. The room we stayed in was a suite with a sitting area that had a wet bar, refrigerator and microwave. The bed was amazing and so cumfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning. The staff at the front desk was very helpful and greeted us every time we passed through the lobby. There isn't a restaurant persae on property though there are tables in the bar. They just serve from the room service menu but you can still get table service. The bartender was very helpful and pointed us in the direction of a Peruvian restaurant down the coast that was amazing. I would defintely return and turn my stay into a spacation!

Room Tip: Stay in the main hotel as opposed to the Inn - the rooms in the Inn are smaller.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

I took a date here for a romantic getaway and we booked the deluxe king suite which was located on the second floor with great panoramic ocean views from the private balcony. The room was beautifully decorated and had a fire place, deep soaking tub with a separate standing shower, two flat screen HD tv's and a bunch of nice toiletries by Aveda which I used to draw a bubble bath using the shampoo, haha. . A nice romantic touch that I added to the experience was throwing red rose petals all over the bed and then white flower petals on the table with a bottle of wine before my date was allowed in the room. I called the front desk twice, they were very helpful and quick to bring me wine glasses and bottles of water at no charge on two separate occasions and even mailed me my iPhone charger that I left plugged into the wall after checking out. The location reminds me of a quaint little town on the ocean secluded from the rest of the world. You have everything you need within a very short walking distance, including cafés, restaurants, a cute little mini mall and even a bar by the harbor where we ate dinner next-door in the connected restaurant. The clam chowder was good and the service was awesome but overall I wouldn't give a personal recommendation to the restaurant connected to the bar. We had been drinking so we went there to avoid drinking and driving but I give the place a 3.7/5, we were not disappointed in the little place but it was not as good as Sam's chowder House. We sat in the outdoor seating with heat lamps and had clam chowder/ fish and chips. There was even a little car show going on in the harbor parking lot which made for some cool scenery during and after dinner. The next morning we woke up and drank the Wolfgang Puck coffee pods that they provided (which were quite good) on the balcony watching the harbor come alive and had breakfast at the cafe that is practically connected to the hotel. We then went on a walk down the pier which was fun and soon after checked out of Oceana. On our way out of Half Moon Bay we stopped at Sam's chowder House down the road which I do highly recommend because they had the best calamari I've ever had in my entire life, the Ocean views are awesome and the food was delectable. Overall, I highly recommend Oceano Hotel and spa in Half Moon Bay to anyone who wants a quaint little getaway on the ocean accompanied by a beautiful place to stay. My date said that she had never stayed in such a beautiful room and she travels all over the world, staying in at least a dozen hotels each year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisDChristensen408
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is our 2nd time at this beautiful hotel. We can't say enough about it. The location is great, right next to the waterfront with many great restaurants within a short walk. Beaches and downtown Half Moon Bay (which is very quaint and eclectic) are just down the street. We are VERY impressed with the attentiveness and courteousness of the staff. Rooms are clean and well appointed. We really enjoy coming to this hotel and will be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank E5587GTscottk
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Oh my goodness! Absolutely stunning hotel and it made for a lovely stay. I will book here in the future and thoroughly enjoyed the Oceano Hotel, location, and especially the staff. Everyone was friendly, courteous and helpful. Room was spotless, bed very comfortable, A/C and heater worked, room design was beautiful.

Room Tip: I'm not sure if there is a bad room at this hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Chris C
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

We found the hotel late on a Sunday night and got a fantastic discounted room for the night.

Very friendly, helpful staff and a huge room overlooking the bay.

HMB brewing company is also 50 yards away which had great food and drink.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philb0t
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed in the Pillar Point rooms. It was a cold and foggy weekend but the fireplace and window facing the harbor made it ok. Clean accommodations, quiet, good service. We will be back, hopefully during a warmer season!

Room Tip: The Pillar Point Inn Rooms don't have room service. Make sure to book in the main hotel if you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple