I am writing to highlights 2 glaring 'misses' that (for me) make this hotel somewhat unacceptable: decent wireless internet and on-demand movies/TV. And I'm baffled because its very nice otherwise, why skimp on these important services (and why has no one else written about this so I could have avoided staying here?!!?!). My purpose in coming here was to get away, surf the web and watch a couple of movies uninterrupted (I have 2 kids under the age of 2 and so this is currently my version of 'luxury' :-)). I had intermittent and overall poor (painfully SLOW) wireless the first night (more frustrating because I was now trying to download a movie to watch on my laptop and couldn't until I finally went to the lobby at midnight where the wireless internet is decent), the next day I worked with staff to find better room closer to the wireless router and this was bit frustrating because second room also had fairly poor wireless, finally front desk asked management who apparently knew where one of the routers was and we found room 216 - which does have very good wireless so can also just ask for this room I suppose. Lastly, the only option for TV is generic cable - and this seems crazy, don't they want my $10 per movie? The hotel has been open for year and half now and they haven't dealt with this? Who wants to watch commercials and/or hope that HBO is showing a movie might want to watch (HBO is the only movie channel, they have about 35 channels total). They advertise on their site 'flat screen high-def TVs' so you'd assume you wouldn't have the only option as standard cable but that is all you get (and no, there are not even DVD players so couldn't rent a movie, sorry). Staff also seems pretty 'green' overall and that can be bit frustrating, very nice people, but not a lot of information it seemed. Note: the bedding, bathrooms, views, etc. are very nice and the hotel is nice... but I feel internet and movies/TV are important and esp. at the price of this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in beautiful Half Moon Bay Harbor, the Oceano is one of the Bay Area's favorite hotels. Luxurious suites boast private balconies and fireplaces within a seaport architectural style. The hotel offers over 12,000 square feet of outdoor and indoor meeting space including the Grand Ballroom, meeting rooms with ocean views, and outdoor garden and tent space. The lobby Bar and Grill offers guests casual coastal fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner or private in-room dining. With coastal views and dedicated events staff, Weddings and banquets are our specialty. Several fine restaurants and boutiques within walking distance. Surrounding activities include golf, championship surfing, kayaking, pier and deep sea fishing, horseback riding, sailing, hiking and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Oceano Hotel & Spa Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceano Hotel And Spa Half Moon Bay
- Oceano Hotel Half Moon Bay