“Great California Coast Retreat”

Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach
Ranked #1 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Stayed for three December nights in the very comfortable, quiet top floor Mavericks Suite. Check-in was cordial and the man at the desk escorted my wife and I to the room and gave us a quick lesson on how to operate the amenities. He offered advice on local attractions and dining and any questions that would perfect our stay. A small bacony with magnificent views of the Sunsets added to the magic of the property. A Jacuzzi Tub, a gas fireplace and nearby fine dining in either direction up the coast makes for a relaxing romantic getaway. A small Continental breakfast optionally delivered to your room starts the day correctly. The King bed was comfortable and the room tidy. I've also stayed at the equivalant Landis Shores property (just up the street) before, but the Cypress seemed more convienient as far as access, without any popular contemporary "wine foppery" and better parking. The Cypress had a more " Rustic Old California Coastal Laid-back Vibe" and a slightly better vantage of the Bay. It was so laid back that on checking out, I forgot one of my suitcases outside the door of the room. About five minutes later the lady desk clerk phoned me on my cell phone just as I was leaving in the car headed home (40 min. North of San Francisco) on HWY 1 to inform me of my blunder. We had beautiful Pacific Coast weather and nice high tides whose constant waves helped us sleep and wake refreshed. If you like a comfortable, less commercial stay with a bit of decadent modern day luxury thrown-in with spectacular Pacific ocean sunsets (The weather God's permitting as they did during our visit ) with the sound of waves constantly 'sloshing' peacefully- you might agree that the Cypress Inn is a very special slice of Earth.

Room Tip: They have a variety of rooms with and without an oceanview but in my opinion an oceanview (EG: Maver...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank druid113

Reviewed 13 March 2013

We've stayed here three times and each time has been an excellent experience. The rooms are lovely, quiet, and comfortable. The breakfast is very good, and the atmosphere and staff are very hospitable. Off-street parking, ocean views. It's more expensive than some of the alternatives, but worth it at least for a special occasion. For non-special occasions we tend to stay at the Comfort Inn, which we also like at about half the price; but the properties are not really comparable.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Lived my whole life in CA and have never been to Half Moon Bay. Brought my mom for a night for a mini vacation. I live right on the ocean and yet was still entranced with my view here. The rooms are huge and have everything you need. Loved the 3-ft. deep Jacuzzi bathtub so much I am having one put in my house when I get back home. Lovely bath salts included too! Feel like I've been away a week!

Room Tip: I had a "partial ocean view". It was a sweeping view of the ocean. Don't know what t...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2013

What a great location! This is the place to stay in Half Moon Bay if you want to be away from the noise of town and go for long walks on the beach. The Cypress Inn is at the end of a quiet street directly next to the beach. We stayed in "La Luna", a ground floor room in the main house with a balcony facing the water. What a delight to watch the sunset over the waves from your own balcony with excellent wine and cheese provided by the hosts. The Miramar Beach Restaurant is two blocks up the beach for excellent dinners and drinks. I have already recommended this inn to friends, and we plan to stay here again too.

Room Tip: There are three buildings and not all rooms face the sea. Ask about the view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Glen G
Reviewed 16 February 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here twice and loved it both times! We stayed in the Mavericks room both times. The view is beautiful and peaceful. The wine and appetizers in the afternoon is nice and the breakfast delivered to your room is great too! We will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 16 January 2013

We loved our stay at Cypress Inn at Half Moon Bay. Our room was large and comfortable, the ocean view was incredible, and the traffic noise from people and cars on the street below us wasn't even noticeable. Loved the little shops and cafes down the street, and you have very easy access to the walking trail along the ocean. We would definitely stay here again. We left with wonderful memories and wishing we had booked a longer stay. Great place for some serious peace and quiet.

Room Tip: Pillar Point offers great views with good privacy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Sleep 50 feet from the ocean and enjoy the calming sound of waves throughout your stay. Sun or storm, this is the place to stay. So affordable, too, for what you get. "Wine and cheese" hour is an understatement. There are warm snacks, too, beside the fire, fruit, teas, and coffees. Breakfast is always bountiful - comfort food should you choose to indulge, or healthy options. The inn, though not dog friendly, is close to a dog-friendly beach. Cozy and clean, the Cypress Inn is the place to stay. The nearby (1 block) Miramar Beach Restaurant offers entertainment and a full, hoppin' bar, too. Whether you're traveling over the coastal hills or miles by plane, this is the place to experience Northern California's beauty. It's quiet, too. I have never heard noise from another room. (Have stayed here 6+ times.)

Room Tip: The main building is the place to be for a premium view; the second floor is my favorite but the fir...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple