If you like looking out at the ocean, sitting on a balcony above one of the longest beaches on san mateo coast, being a few steps from the beach, and hearing the ocean waves day and night, this is the perfect place to spend a special occasion with a special someone. We were there on a warm November weekend, and when we weren't running or walking along the wide, miles-long beach, we were sitting out on our balcony enjoying the view, eating the breakfast or wine and appetizers provided by the inn-keepers. The Cypress Inn sets a tone of peace and relaxation through their choice of peaceful music in the open, light-filled common room which includes several arrangements of tables and chairs. A substantial breakfast (like pancakes or quiche) is served between 8 and 10 and wine and yummy appetizers (like crab cakes) are served between 5 and 7, and you can choose to mingle with other guests or keep to yourself in the common room, or have your breakfast or wine/appetizers up in your room on your balcony. These food treats plus a nightly dessert made the inn feel homey, as well as increased the value of the room. There were about four innkeepers in our 2 days there, and each one was welcoming, generous, and accommodating to our food needs. The location is on a peaceful little road that is on the cliffs above the ocean, away from Route 1. It is within 2 blocks of the Bach Dynamite Society music place and the Miramar Beach Restaurant and that is about all so most of the traffic on the road are walkers and joggers. To get on the beach you have to climb down some precarious steps right by the inn, or walk 2 blocks to easier steps, but once you are on the beach, you can walk for miles and see only birds and a few people and surfers, even on a holiday. It was safe enough to leave just our screen door closed to hear the ocean waves at night, but they were loud enough to hear even with the glass door closed. The waves also blocked most other noises from people in the house or street, so the whole effect was very soothing. In the room was a desk and also a TV table, so we had places to put our 2 laptops, but none of the chairs were desk chairs so we brought our own folding chairs for when we wanted to use our computers. All together, a peaceful and spectacular retreat on the coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On Miramar Beach in Half Moon Bay, sights and sounds of the Pacific are just outside your door at the Cypress Inn. Eighteen rooms and suites offer dramatic ocean views, and each features luxurious feather beds, fireplaces and private baths. Guests are treated to a full breakfast each morning and a selection of wine and hors d’oeuvres are freshly prepared each afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Cypress Inn on Miramar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cypress Inn On Miramar Beach Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Cypress Inn Half Moon Bay