“Nice staff, good food”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We went for breakfast three times during our four day stay in HMB.
The food is very good, we both enjoyed the breakfasts.
I had ham and eggs once, beef fajita omelette once and eggs with breakfast rice once, hubby stuck with his bacon eggs and hash browns. It was really yummy.

I enjoy mild coffee and they had it! So I was in heaven!
The only thing they didn't have was gluten free breads or pastries.
I would have to comment though, each time we went the tables needed wiping but that aside, would definitely return.
The staff are all really lovely!

Reviewed 6 February 2014

My latte was okay at best. My son ordered a southwestern style wrap, which was decent, but nothing special. Outdoor seating was nice. Probably wouldn't return if in the area again.

Reviewed 25 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed in Half Moon Bay while I was on a two week training course in Redwood City. Every morning we looked forward to having an excellent coffee and breakfast at Half Moon Bay Coffee Company. I drink espresso or cappuccinos (4 shots - so a good taste of the unadorned coffee) and my wife has a double Americano. The staff were friendly and remembered our drinks after a couple of trips in. It was an added treat to talk the friendly staff about the local community and just life in general. A group of
Locals come in early and work through word puzzles and quizzes and it was fun to hear them answer the questions and watch as they lounged around enjoying each other's company while sipping coffee. They also have tables outside on a patio which allowed us to bring our dog along, while we sat outside enjoying the early morning quiet. We will probably be returning a couple of times per year, and look forward to dropping in to Half Moon Bay Coffee Co.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

At first glance I thought this was a good find. The cafe is very big and modern, and it was busy, which I thought was a good sign. Nope.

I ordered a pumpkin pie latte, since HMB just had the pumpkin festival the weekend before, and everything eveywhere was pumpkin. I like pumpkin lattes, generally.

This was, no doubt, the worst one I've had. There is no pie taste in it, that's for sure. It had a faint pumpkin taste, not sweet really, and a strong planty, pulpy taste. In fact, at the bottom there were actualy chunks of pulp. So gross. Also, both my girlfriend and I noticed a soapy, chemically taste to the drink. Not cool, man.

The food MIGHT be good? It looked nice, but I didn't have any. But you can't really enjoy a cafe with soap-pulp-vine flavored coffee drinks.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

One of the great things about our lunch at the Half Moon Bay Coffee Co. was how un-San Francisco it felt in there. Don't get me wrong, the food was tasty--they offered a variety of entree salads which was great for our lunch--but the crowd and staff was populated by what appeared to be local High Schoolers which was a really charming thing coming from a place where all the baristas are cynical and pretty hipster. I've eaten elsewhere in HMB, but the Coffee Co. excels at being what just what it is, a hometown coffee/bakery spot, and outdoes the other SF-wannabes in town.