“Fit our Needs”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Fit our Needs”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Four in our family stayed here as a stop-over on the journey to visit tidal pools in the area. This hotel was fine...clean, safe and included a frig, microwave and coffee pot. The beds were adequate and we encountered no problems. The free breakfast was simple and good. I'd return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CCB2017

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 July 2014

This was one of the best experiences we have had on vacations in recent years. Room was large, with very comfortable bed, and every amenity we wanted or expected. Location was very convenient for our vacation: easy drives to San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Monterrey and Carmel. Price for the room seemed very reasonable considering others in the area.
Continental breakfast has more to offer than almost any we have had in recent years, with lots of fruit, hot dishes, etc. We definitely will return to the Half Moon Bay Comfort Inn on our next trip to the bay area. Special thanks to all the helpful, friendly staff for going out of their way to make this a wonderful visit to the central coast.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HoddyBoy
Ca
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The hotel is very nice and clean and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The Hot breakfast, while limited, is still has hot dishes, while other places you end up with pretty much a cold breakfast.
The rooms are very nice and clean, but beware that some of the towels have seen their better days.
If it two of you and you don't need a couch, ask for a room without it, it really takes up a lot of space.
Also try to get the rooms away from Highway 1, the rooms closer to it can be a bit noisy if you leave the windows open
I don't know if it is because Half Moon Bay is a tourist area and it was the summer season, but it seems a bit overpriced for what you get. I would say that it is not worth more than $70 per night.

Room Tip: If it two of you and you don't need a couch, ask for a room without it, it really takes up a lot...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Yuma, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We'd stayed in several hotels along the California coast and this one was the very best. Very large room with sofa, etc. Very clean and top drawer all around. It was the highest price of all the hotels that I'd booked, but it was clearly the best. Marina's right down the road. If you've never been in Half Moon I hope you'll be as happy as I was with the whole town. It's my favorite place anywhere now. My city is around 110 degrees right now, while in HMB it was overcast everyday and quite cold. Exactly what we wanted. I've most likely booked over 40 hotels with Priceline and have always persuaded others to utilize it, but within a 10 day span they’ve proven to be a deceptive and thieving company which compels me to share their lying and greedy ways with everyone that would care to read about it. First deception: I booked up four different hotels in California a couple weeks ago and purchased their trip insurance. We were in a bad car accident and my car got totaled. The airbag hit me in the face and caused Vertigo, nausea, and extreme dizziness. I called Priceline to cancel two nights in a hotel that was up a mountain on a twisting road, knowing that it would be dangerous to continue. I needed to get a physician’s exam and letter stating my condition, which I did. Being dishonest thieves the travel insurance company that Priceline makes money off of denied my claim and has no intention of compensating me for the two nights that I paid for and wasted further money on their nonsensical travel insurance on.
2nd deception. I bid on five nights in three areas in San Diego, especially Mission Valley West. I was placed in a distinctly different area: Mission Valley East. The city of San Diego has specifically placed the boundary between these areas at highway 163, and the Days Inn Mission Valley in which they placed me is a few miles beyond this boundary. I have stayed at that hotel before, years ago, and vowed never to do so again. I believe that Priceline is being dishonest with its customers in labeling it in the West boundary. My complaint about this and my request to be able to book myself at another hotel was dismissed by their customer service representative, who just read to me from their manual and did nothing to resolve the problem.
The letter that they sent me in a response while denying my facts
clearly states on it: "Your hotel is guaranteed to be in this area." Which of course it isn’t and resulted in 15 minutes of additional driving both ways.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank David293922
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We spent the day touring San Fran and then drove south. We were greeted kindly. I wish I remembered his name but he was so nice. He helped us with airline checkins and was so friendly. The room was comfortable. Liked the bottles of water and snacks too! The breakfast was sooo good. Eggs, sausage, yogurts, pastries, cereals, waffles, etc. Real eggs :) We did have a room in the back so we did not hear road noise. You can walk to the beach. We did but the water was so cold and there was black sand or soot everywhere. We put our feet in the water. That was it. What a beautiful area to live in. You will notice the homes walking to the beach.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank tamalePittsburgh
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 9 June 2014

When we arrived at Half Moon Bay Comfort Inn, we were greeted by Brian at check-in with such an genuinely pleasant attitude that we knew our choice was a good one from the very start. The room and bathroom were very clean and nicely decorated (we were on the back side of the hotel, 2nd floor) with super comfy beds and fluffy towels. The location was perfect for us too! Only 40-45 minutes away from downtown San Francisco, the hotel is also only a 5 minute walk to beautiful Pacific beaches and an awesome walkway path that we enjoyed every morning with a cup of coffee watching the sun rise. The breakfast was a nice array of fresh fruit, waffles, egg/cheese, biscuits, sausage, cereal, juice and more - all displayed very neatly in the front room of the lobby with plenty of sunny seating for the guests. We loved staying in Half Moon Bay because the town is fun and funky, with lots of awesome restaurants and pubs. Everything you could want in a seaside town - but with the added convenience of being close to San Francisco. Great place to stay at a great rate!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Anita H
El Centro, California
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We arrived early on Sunday, the room was ready, the staff very informative as to where to eat and places to see in the area. The room was comfortable,and quiet, with a fairly new mattress, that provided three nice nights sleep, something not normal when you are away from home.
We did decide to change our plans from four nights to three, and the staff was very cordial, no extra charges, just nice smiles, wishing us safe travels on our journey.
Breakfast was very good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. Great parking, close to the ice machine and away from Hwy 101.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple