“Surprisingly very clean and comfortable!”

Comfort Inn Half Moon Bay
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Half Moon Bay
Reviewed 4 October 2009

Even after reading the reviews I was still leary of staying at a Comfort Inn, but we were very pleased with our choice. We paid $149 plus tax (AAA rate), which seemed to be a good rate for the area. The rooms were very clean, nicely laid out, modern and comfortable - it felt like a hotel not a motel. We were given a room at the back of the hotel so we had no issues with highway noise, and even got some great breezes off the ocean. We did not have the continental breakfast that was included, but did borrow some cutlery from them and were pleased to see that they use biodegradable "plastic" cutlery.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 July 2009

We were very pleased with our last minute find. The rooms were large and very clean. The staff extremely nice. We really liked the area. Be sure to go to the Half Moon Bay Restaurant. Its just a 2 block walk from the Comfort Inn on the Ocean. Great Food.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2009

We were greeted by a friendly staff and received the room we reserved. Comfy king size bed with a fold out couch and also a jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. This hotel is close to the beach; it took my son and I under 10 minutes to walk there. The continental breakfast beat having to go out every morning and if you had the time you could cook your own Belgian waffle. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The only negative thing I noticed, and it's no fault of the hotel, is trying to get out onto the highway from the driveway depending on the time of day; traffic passing by can be a hassle.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2009

Stay in back section: quiet.
Good management; good price.
Drink java at Peets.
Eat at Duarte's in Pescadero.
All is well.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 June 2009

When I called, I asked if the inn was on the highway, and hearing that it was, I asked if I could have a room on the top floor in the back, away from the highway. The innkeeper was very accommodating and even avoided giving me a room that she didn't like!

The check-in, room, check-out were all smooth.

Note for you sensitive types, there is a foghorn that goes off regularly and I'd imagine you'd hear it more clearly in the back of the hotel since you're facing the ocean back there.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 April 2009

I'm traveling up the Coast and decided to stay south of SF. Looked on line for a hotel in Half Moon Bay, drove by 3 of them as they all were rated about the same. Comfort Inn looked the most appealing and the rooms did not face the freeway. Was cheerfully greeted at the front desk by Diana, very friendly, she also gave me suggestions for dinner. She gave me a great room #107. Parking was close to my room, when I opened the door, was surprised and happy as I chose this hotel. The room was like a mini suite, sofa, king size bed, microwave and fridge. Plus got a great rate with my AAA card.

I will stay here again if I come by here again

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2009

my family and I enjoyed a lovely stay at this hotel. We enjoyed the room we were in, which was very comfortable, and the pleasant staff made our stay even more enjoyable. We'll keep this place in mind the next time we're in town.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family