“Great find”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
The Inn at Mavericks
Ranked #3 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We came to Half Moon Bay for a relaxing vacation and that is exactly what we got. We were not disappointed in any way. The Inn at Mavericks is an Inn and not full service but that is what makes it so incredible special. You can get anything you need in town. The views here are breathtaking and it is so serene and relaxing. The staff is great. The rooms are clean and well maintained and Allen the Inn Keeper is always available and helpful. I did not want to write this review because I don't want anyone else to find this place but it's too late...I cannot say enough great things about our stay here...We most definitely will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

Everything is clean the views magnificent in top rooms, location is terrific. The low rating on help is only because there is no staff except maids. This is a self serve motel, very nice relaxed and we enjoyed our stay. We left a note inside the rooms diary of some issues we found- the bed was it that great lumpy and needs attention. Bathtub is the highlight of room, fireplace adds to romance on foggy June day.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 20 May 2013

My fiancé and I decided to take a short road trip to Half Moon Bay.

This place is a small spot located right along the water. It is absolutely amazing and quiet.

Check in was very different from a traditional hotel. When you arrive, your key is waiting for
you when you walk up to your room. All you do is pick up your welcome envelope and open up the greeting letter. It was so nice!

The room is very clean and romantic with an amazing tub for two. My only issue was I forgot my own pillow and the pillows they had weren't as comfortable as my own :)

There were so many unique things about this place. We saw seals, had our own private balcony, beautiful view, and they even had a pair of binoculars on the table for us to look through.

One thing that may bother people is the fog horn that blows every 7-8 seconds but interesting enough, they provide disposable ear plugs for you! :) It did not bother us at all though because we were busy doing other things! :)

It was so peaceful that we decided to stay another night which Allen accommodated us with no problems.

Another unique thing about this romantic spot was getting to read the journal entries from prior guests. We left ours and this will definitely be a place we visit for many years to come.

Guys, take your woman here! Enjoy!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 9 May 2013

The Inn at Mavericks is located on a side street in Princeton By The Sea, just a couple miles north of Half Moon Bay, and while it is a bit challenging to actually find it, once there, you appreciate the search! Positioned literally on the Harbor frontage the Inn is small, possibly only 8 or 10 rooms. It is a two story building and is Pet Friendly on the first level. Several people have "gently" complained about the foghorn but in all honesty if you choose to stay on the Northern California Coast in the foggy summer months you should welcome the sound as a soothing part of your experience....sure beats listening to some people yap incessantly on their cellphones! The Innkeeper had departed for the evening when we arrived but everything we needed to know was in an envelope on the front door and it even included his cellphone number if we should need anything. We stayed in The Ross Cove Suite #5. Room was perfect and included a deep soaking tub for my wife to enjoy. I have stayed in Half Moon Bay many times over 30+ years and without handing over $700 a night to the very wonderful Ritz Carlton down the street, this is a superb value.

Room Tip: Only the first level rooms are pet friendly but the all fave a white picket fence outdoor area for y...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 May 2013

My wife and I lived in Half-Moon Bay back in the 1990's and we were driving from Carmel to Yosemite so we decided to stay in HMB for a night. We chose The Inn at Mavericks because it looked kind of cool and it was right on the water. When we got there, we found an envelope with our name on it but no staff. We checked ourselves in, lamenting that we had stayed in a five star resort the night before and now we were in a one star. However, the room was nice, with a wood stove and a beautiful view. The next morning, the hot water ran out during my shower. The amenities are okay, but this is really a motel and not an inn. A nice plus was that it came with a complimentary membership to the fitness club across the street. We worked out there and it was nice.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank iamstoked22
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We had a great stay at the Inn at Mavericks Monday night - but too short. Wish we had more time to enjoy the beautiful room and gorgeous view. We stayed in the Mavericks room and it was fabulous - one of the most comfortable beds I have EVER slept in. There was wine and chocolates and snacks waiting for us which we thoroughly enjoyed. Dinner at the Mavericks Brewery was delicious and fun! We woke up Tuesday morning to sunshine and a beautiful view of the bay, so peaceful and refreshing, there were even binoculars so we could check out the wildlife (birds mostly). We would love to come back! Brooke and Jim Boyer

Room Tip: The ground floor rooms such as "Maverick" have their own little gardens overlooking the Ba...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brooke370
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Hello,
My name is Moises Anaya. I have celebrated my Honeymoon 12/18/2011 and My first year anniversary 12/18/2012 at the Inn at mavericks! My Wife and I enjoyed the sound of the fog horn so we don't use the ear plugs that the Inn does provide. The Rest room is Wonderful specially if you like to soak in the tub! My wife enjoys it!! I personally like the sunrise and the sunset! We Had a couple stormy nights, but we loved it. My wife was scared of the lightning and thunder but I did my part and sheltered her from harms way! It was so nice to get a lightning show at night! She later admitted that she enjoyed that lightning night the most!

The nook fit our needs when celebrating our first year anniversary. on our third night stay, my daughter got flown in From Los Angeles, Ca because she became ill, our baby sitter could not take care of her any more so we picked her up at the airport and brought her in to the inn. The nook has a small refrigator that kept our daughters medicine,food and beverages while we stayed. This was perfect.

Yes! I would like The Maverick's to be bigger but its awesome just the way it is. The Inn Keeper Mr. Goodman Is a Total Gentleman. The house keepers do a great Job! The sheets, pillow cases & Covers smell Crispy clean.

I like this place so much that I wouldn't want anyone else to know about it, But here I am sharing some of my wonderful and amazing experience.

Moises Anaya