“One of my favorite spots”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
The Inn at Mavericks
Ranked #4 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“One of my favorite spots”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancé and I spent one night at this place...like almost everyone else we had a great time. The fog horn was slightly annoying at first (during the afternoon when we got there) however, we quickly tuned it out; at night however, we slept with the door open to hear the sound of the waves. I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me.

The tub was absolutely the best! It fits two comfortably. It was the most comfortable tub I've ever been in. The bed was nice too! I usually have a sore back from hotel beds, but I slept awesome in that comfortable bed.

The small touches that you wouldn't find at another hotel were thoughtful and appreciated...overall we had a great time and we will be going back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice. The first was in May of 2012 for my birthday. The last stay was in October 2013. My husband and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place SO much. Everything advertised as promised delivers, and so much more. The rooms are beautiful, the snacks are appreciated (and yummy), the wine is tasty, the town of Princeton is fabulous. But the best thing is The View and the peacefulness. The bottom floor is dog friendly, which we have not used yet... Looking forward to our next stay. We live just over the hill in Mountain View, so it's the perfect get away with or without the kids.

Room Tip: we stayed in both corner top units. Can't remember the name of the room, but I think you can'...
virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Staying here was very relaxing! All I wanted to do was sit out in our yard and listen to the waves crash. I thought the foghorn might keep me awake at night but the bed is so comfy and the pillows are great that I slept amazingly well. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luvpalmtreesVirginia
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Moments after getting engaged beside the Golden Gate Bridge with the San Francisco city skyline in front of us, we got in the car and headed down to Half Moon Bay for the night to get away from the busy, crowded city. It was an easy drive down, less than an hour away. This was the perfect peaceful retreat after a day of tourist activities in the city! The upstairs room was huge and we never heard another person below or adjacent to us. It was like we had the place to ourselves! We woke up to the most stunning sunrise over the bay and watched the amazing bird life and the peaceful boats at anchor. I could have stayed there and watched for hours. We loved the foghorn - it really adds to the atmosphere of the place. It helped that the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in so I didn't even notice the foghorn at night. The bathrobes and toiletries are luxurious and the gift basket was a great perk. There is a great restaurant, Mezza Luna, within walking distance as well as the Half Moon Bay Brewing Company (great beer selection there). We will always remember The Inn at Mavericks as the place we stayed the night we got engaged. It made a very special day even more special and we hope to make it back someday.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lindy O
Manteca
Reviewed 29 November 2013

What can I say....LOVE the foghorn, LOVE the waves crashing on the jetty at night, LOVE the seal that barks at 2 or 3 in the morning, LOVE the peacefullness, LOVE the sunrise & sunset, LOVE the little hummingbird who has claimed the tree outside of the Montara, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this Inn!!! The ameities are great......snacks,.....a hand mirror in the bathroom......even a Martini shaker & glasses! Guess I shouldn't be telling everyone how wonderful it is here or I may find "there is not room at the Inn" for us! thank you Alan for having such a wonderful retreat!!

Room Tip: Ground floor id dog friendly.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sandra A
Castro Valley, California, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We just returned, absolutely loved it, our room was spotless, comfy bed and pillows, the best sleep I have ever had out. Allen was very kind and personable, Luisa is a doll. The fire pit is nice to sit and read a book and have a glass of wine. I'm so happy I found this hidden gem, we needed a getaway and it was perfect. Nice touch is a basket of snacks that they replenish everyday, and a Kureig coffee pot. We will definitely return. And thanks Allen for the extra coffees. :)

1 Thank Lori B
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 23 October 2013

What a great little place! We stayed in the ground floor "Mavericks" room and wished it was available the next night to extend but it was booked. The room was spotless, very updated and had a million dollar view. It came with a bottle of wine and a tray of snacks which is a nice little touch. Has a Keurig coffee maker and little creamers..even french vanilla, another nice little touch. Later in the evening we grabbed the two fleece blankets they have for you (yes another nice little touch) and headed to the fire pit to sit and enjoy the night. The bathroom was huge and nice big towels. We will defiantly go back someday and stay more than just one night!

Room Tip: Not sure about the others but the Mavericks room was huge and more private on the end.
2 Thank DaveRLV