“We loved it here!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Half Moon Bay
The Inn at Mavericks
Ranked #4 of 11 Half Moon Bay B&B and Inns
Bristol, United Kingdom
“We loved it here!”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

My hubby and I chilled out here after a hectic schedule for our wedding in Las Vegas.
The room was warm and cozy when we arrived late at night.
I had my credit card defrauded prior to our arrival and Alan was very understanding and our room was still waiting for us.
We spent four lovely days in HMB, fell in love with the place!
The housekeeping staff are lovely, making sure you have everything you need.
Most of all, the view is amazing! We were there during storms, it was magnificent to watch waves crash over the breakwater.
There are lots of great places to eat close by and the scenery around HMB is spectacular with many vista points so you can park and enjoy!
Well worth the trip and money.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mctutums

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a gem for peace and tranquility! Stunning oceanfront room with special amenities - great nearby restaurants. The bed is the best ever at any hotel chain I have ever stayed at. Very spacious and very clean!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 2011elsie
Laguna Woods, California
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The minute we walked in the door we experienced the "wow" factor. What a view from the 2nd floor Montara suite. Loved all the small details and amenities in the room. The bathroom was so big and really enjoyed the large oversize tub/shower. We enjoyed walking to breakfast, dinner and Mavericks state beach. We can truly say our stay was an extraordinary !!! This is truly a hidden secret. Karen & Mike

Room Tip: 2nd floor-corner
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Karen M
Manasquan, NJ
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We were disappointed with the "Inn at Mavericks". Pros- the room was as promised and the views were great. Easy to walk to some restaurants. Cons- Don't think you are staying at an inn; or that there is any customer service, security, or anyone to talk to about your stay or things to do. Matter of fact you could be the only one staying there and no front desk personnel. More like a great room in a motel. The area around is also industrial. Our key was waiting for us when we checked in and we left it outside the door when we left. We stayed for a few nights.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JerseyGirl09
San Jose, California
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My fiancé and I spent one night at this place...like almost everyone else we had a great time. The fog horn was slightly annoying at first (during the afternoon when we got there) however, we quickly tuned it out; at night however, we slept with the door open to hear the sound of the waves. I am a light sleeper and it didn't bother me.

The tub was absolutely the best! It fits two comfortably. It was the most comfortable tub I've ever been in. The bed was nice too! I usually have a sore back from hotel beds, but I slept awesome in that comfortable bed.

The small touches that you wouldn't find at another hotel were thoughtful and appreciated...overall we had a great time and we will be going back.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Mountain View, California
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I have stayed here twice. The first was in May of 2012 for my birthday. The last stay was in October 2013. My husband and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this place SO much. Everything advertised as promised delivers, and so much more. The rooms are beautiful, the snacks are appreciated (and yummy), the wine is tasty, the town of Princeton is fabulous. But the best thing is The View and the peacefulness. The bottom floor is dog friendly, which we have not used yet... Looking forward to our next stay. We live just over the hill in Mountain View, so it's the perfect get away with or without the kids.

Room Tip: we stayed in both corner top units. Can't remember the name of the room, but I think you can'...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
virginia
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Staying here was very relaxing! All I wanted to do was sit out in our yard and listen to the waves crash. I thought the foghorn might keep me awake at night but the bed is so comfy and the pillows are great that I slept amazingly well. Highly recommend this place!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple