“OMG! Just Awesome”

Half Moon Bay Golf Links
More attraction details
Owner description: This resort offers two championship golf courses, the 18-hole Ocean Course and the par-72 Old Course, both with stunning views of the Pacific Ocean.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The skinny first: 9 index, age 65, driver 230 yds. Shot 85. Played the links style Ocean Course at about 6500 yards. Just a beautiful course. There are Cliffside and views of the Pacific Ocean on at least 12 holes. The wind does blow, but the course has wide fairways. The greens are undulated and lightening fast. Never played on greens this fast. Took me at least 9 holes to get a feel for the speed. I think I paid the mid-week rate at a little over a C-Note. It was worth it. I was in the area for business and didn't want to pass up the chance to play. I was paired with three other golfers who played from the blue tees. I would have stepped up to the white tees to shave a few hundred yards had the group played from those tees. Don't miss this one if you are in the area.

2  Thank zoomaster
There are newer reviews for Half Moon Bay Golf Links

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

En route to Carmel from SF on Hwy 1 ... we stopped to checkout what was there ... OMG it looked like the Scottish coast and St. Andrews without the town and history .., we got on and played the Ocean course .. beautiful!

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Played both courses while I stayed at the Hotel. Played the Ocean course at 3 and got a great rate. Played on a beautiful day and almost every hole was a postcard hole. Course played true and I scored a lot better then I did at the Old Course. The Old Course was also a treat, but I paid full rack rate and it was a SLOW day playing 18. The course is a lot tighter than the Ocean course with a lot of great holes. 17 and 18 are the only 2 holes with Ocean views, and both are great holes. I played the Ocean course in less then 4 hours, the Old Course in 5 plus hours...

1  Thank Hagearty
Reviewed 28 March 2014

If you get a chance play both courses they each have unique qualities. While the Ocean course have great views the Old Course will challenge your game with tighter fairways and challenging Par 3 holes.

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This course I thought would be challenging, but it was easy enough for me. Had a great time! The view is worth sitting on the golf course for, even if you don't golf. The only down side is during the winter you can't drive the carts on the fairway. Makes it a slower played game.