First thing is first, the weather in Half Moon Bay is unpredictable (or predictably foggy). This is probably the main reason that the Ritz does not have more competition. The location is very pretty, just a stone's throw from cliffs overlooking the ocean. You can also walk a short distance to a nice public beach framed by those same cliffs. The hotel is also adjacent to a very good golf course. The rooms tend to be nicely appointed, and the ocean views are great. For me, the big issue is the price. Given its location, the room rates are too high. Furthermore, the food prices are absolutely insane at the hotel's restaurants. We felt gouged, and I'd like to think we are understanding of what makes expensive things expensive. Given all this, there are less expensive options in the area, and they are still nice places to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton