The ladies and gentlemen here really know how to take care of you. This is a smaller Ritz-Carlton property that is very comfortable and perfectly maintained. The grounds are beautiful as are the views of course. We were in room 447 from May 11-14, 2014.
My daughter called ahead and arranged a surprise for us and reception was very good at keeping a secret. We went into our room and our eyes opened wide. Our room was done up for Mother's Day as a treat from my daughter. What a way to start a vacation. The pictures included say it all. Well almost. My daughter was asked what kind of music I like and all she could think of was Elton John. Very funny since I had been watching a "live" concert by him on the flight here. Playing softly in the room was Elton John. There was also a fireplace channel on the TV for a pleasant effect. Outside our sliding back door was a beautiful private fire-pit, a feature we used every single night of our 3 nights here. On the bed were old family pictures of the kids. It was all very impressive. We appreciated all the efforts everyone here put into this beautiful welcome, the beginning of our vacation.
The fitness center isn't huge but certainly large enough for the property. It's very well equipped with every thing you need from weights, both free weights and machines, to varied cardio equipment, to water, earbuds and towels of course.
I enjoyed running in the morning on the 3 mile round trip coastal path from beginning to end going both directions from the hotel. What a way to start the day. I returned to fresh coffee in the room. On Sunday and Tuesday nights we sat outside enjoying conversation with other guests while listening to the bagpiper play. There was plenty of seating for all and the service was excellent by the server. We walked down the path to the stairs leading to the beach which only had a few people on it. We saw a whale from shore one evening.
Since this isn't a resort property, they don't have a swimming pool on site. As guests of the Ritz-Carlton we had use of the pool belonging to the Ocean Colony Club just a short walk along the path. It's not fancy but it's very well kept and large enough to have lane ropes for swimming laps on one side of the pool. A few people came and went while we were there. From the outside it looks like a green house.
We shopped a couple of times in the signature shop. Carol is the lady who worked there. She was especially pleasant and helpful.
The wifi worked perfectly, quickly, and with no problem the entire time. Our bed was great and very comfy. I wish we could have stayed longer at this wonderful and well run property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay, an elite golf and spa resort hotel. With two distinct guest room experiences from the guest houses to our main building, the hotel highlights the beauty of the Northern California coast with a modern and elegant decor. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Marriott, TravelUp, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Half Moon Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay Hotel Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Carlton Half Moon Bay
- Ritz Half Moon Bay
- Half Moon Bay Ritz Carlton